Microair M760 Rev Q Serial #13491 - Squelch problem

diablo

http://www.microair.com.au/admin/uploads/HumiditySusceptibilityM760.pdf

With regards to the above advisory, I have the same problem on my M760 serial number 13491 (that is well outside the serial number range quoted). I am disappointed as I have had the radio since September and only managed 1 flight!

I spoke to Graham at microair who was very apologetic and helpful. He recommended I send the set to Rick at Microair USA. He tested the set over and over again as well as completing environmental testing (which should have captured the fault) however, he could not see anything wrong with it so he sent it back to me. I fitted the radio in early December and tested it. All seemed OK. The plane was grounded till early February. On it's maiden flight with the newly returned faultless unit, guess what?

It failed ....

I did some testing at hole. The issue is intermittent. When the radio goes wrong it is useless. There is also another problem with the channel memory. Entering new frequencies works fine, but I was unable to change frequencies. The radio froze just after entering new frequency. Only way to get radio going again was to power off. Apparently this is fixed with firmware release 1.4.2.

It has now gone to Australia. Hopefully this will be it's last flight without me ...

Pains of piloting!