Single-engine time building

Guest av8or

Could someone in this forum kindly provide some insight on schools in Australia that offer the best rental/hire rates for their single-engine aircrafts?

Thanks You

I did some research and came up with $110.00/hour (solo) for a single-engine aircraft (PA38-Tomahawk and Skyfox Gazelle).

Would you know of any place (preferably in Melbourne. Sydney would do too) that has cheaper rates than these?

Also, which of the two aircrafts has a better overall rating.

Thanks

Thanks guys, but is there no other school in Australia that offers rental rates less than $110.00/hour for their single-engine aircrafts?

It's not going to make a lot of difference, you are going to have to spend a heap. What's a couple of hundred dollars when you have to spend 5 or 6 thousand anyway?

Price should not be the only requirement with training, the quaility of training should be first on the list. A $4000 private licence is no good to you if you can't fly properly, 150 hours in a Gazelle is worth didly squat if your trying for Airlines. Bad training will limit your access to a career, should you choose to go that way.

Guest Swagman
Hey Glenn, I ain't from Australia mate.How possibly could I get hold of this directory that you're talking about?

It's on the left under 'Other Links' beneath 'Who's Online'

Hey Glenn, I ain't from Australia mate.How possibly could I get hold of this directory that you're talking about?

Well I just thought you were because you were asking about flying schools. So where are you?

Directory is under "Other Links" or click HERE

Guest colt_pa22
Price should not be the only requirement with training, the quality of training should be first on the list.

Stay away from TVSA, BMSA. I would choose one of the larger better equipped flying schools.

colt

• 4 months later...
Guest TConnor

Cheapest I know of is the Australian Air League at Camden. $130 dual for C152. They also have a C172 for $140 and a Piper Warrior for $150 p/h

Their instructors are volunteers, hence the cheaper rates. Don't let that put you off though. I have flown with both the air league and a regular commercial school. The air league's aircraft were better maintained, and their instructors are first rate.

Not saying all commercial schools are not up to scratch, but the two I have flown with in Sydney were not great.