Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation (CAC)

Guest Glenn

• 1 year later...

Interesting that there is mention of the wacket trainer, but no mention of the twin engined wacket bomber, both of which I have photographs,

Greg

• 7 months later...
Interesting that there is mention of the wacket trainer, but no mention of the twin engined wacket bomber, both of which I have photographs,Greg

So how many were built - nothing beyond the prototype?

[ATTACH]253.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]254.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17840[/ATTACH]

CACWoomeraA23-1001a.jpg.93ecc05f8e2892c167f1cec657315933.jpg

crikey this is a topic from the past !

G'day Robbo .. I hope there's no House Rule that gives a cut-out date to posts from the past?

Anyhow* - here's another of the CAC Woomera. And my question is a genuine one.. how many of them were built? Anyone out there know?

Cheers, Geoff. .....................................*have a Winfield

[ATTACH]17842[/ATTACH]

CommonwealthWoomera.jpg.d87a512b5df87d0d759cd82cf3f9a4c0.jpg

G'day Robbo .. I hope there's no House Rule that gives a cut-out date to posts from the past?Anyhow* - here's another of the CAC Woomera. And my question is a genuine one.. how many of them were built? Anyone out there know?

Cheers, Geoff. .....................................*have a Winfield

Nup as Glenn said no rule, I was just saying it was a blast from the past :biggrin:

I've just had a look-see in my copy of "Aircraft Pioneer" by the Man Himself .. L J Wackett, and he interestingly enough waxes eloquent re the Wirraway & Boomerang but makes only the briefest of references to the bomber, of which he says two prototypes were constructed. Possible inferences are that it was less than a total success, or else its role could be better and more efficiently fulfilled by another product(?)