CNav Exam

TAA Steve

Second CPL test for me, and from what I hear a fairly easy one, however does anyone who has done it, or know someone who has, have any suggestions as to particularly tricky bits, things important to remember, basically, anything that will help that we don't do in a normal nav.

Just so I don't fail and have to pay those ASL f***ers more of my hard earned cash.

I know of a couple people who have done their CPL but haven't seen them around for a while.

I don't think there are many here who have done it so that is probably why no one has responded.

Congrats on getting nearly halfway :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest VH-TJT

I've decided it is now or never to do my CPL so I will be doing all of the theory first. I have below to look forward to:

Navigation 1.75 hours+ (40 marks total*) Pass 70% Meteorology 1.50 hours+ (40 marks total*) Pass 70%

Human Factors 1.00 hours+ (30 marks total*) Pass 70%

FR & Air Law* 2.00 hours+ (40 marks total*) Pass 80%

Aerodynamics* 1.50 hours+ (40 marks total*) Pass 70%

AGK* 1.50 hours+ (40 marks total*) Pass 70%

Op, Performance & Flight Planning* 2.50 hours+ (50 marks total*) Pass 70%

Steve,

Which of the exams above are considered hard or easy? tx

TJT

I've decided it is now or never to do my CPL so I will be doing all of the theory first. I have below to look forward to:

Navigation 1.75 hours+ (40 marks total*) Pass 70% Meteorology 1.50 hours+ (40 marks total*) Pass 70%

Human Factors 1.00 hours+ (30 marks total*) Pass 70%

FR & Air Law* 2.00 hours+ (40 marks total*) Pass 80%

Aerodynamics* 1.50 hours+ (40 marks total*) Pass 70%

AGK* 1.50 hours+ (40 marks total*) Pass 70%

Op, Performance & Flight Planning* 2.50 hours+ (50 marks total*) Pass 70%

It all depends on you really. Most are just remembering and regurgiating facts, like Human Factors, Air Law, Meteorology, AGK, and aerodynamics. Op performance, navigation and operational met require some thought and calculations.

From what I've heard, performance is the hardest, as you have to be spot on in the P-Charts and calculations (I haven't done it yet), and Nav was (for me) the easiest so far as most of it is what you do trying a navex anyway, like 1-in-60s, ground speed checks etc.

What I did was start with what I was interested in (met) and work through in order of what I feel would help my flying (nav, air law and now aerodynamics).

Guest rrudd

the 3 year rule caused me to go round again! ...and when it was decreed that that no longer applied..ie results permanent. All my passes got a knock back on the basis that I hadnt done Air Law.!

At the time I did the 5 subjects.. there was no bloody Air Law. But thats the CASA FWits for you.!

Apteryx