Oceanic Airlines Ad

Todd M

When I was on the bus passing Sydney Airport a few weeks back I spotted and Advert for Oceanic Airlines which is, for those who do not know, the airline which crashed in LOST. A Pretty clever and abstract piece of advertising from 7 and LOST, where it had 'Fly to L.A' and a model style picture of a hostess, their logo (From memory) and their website. In tiny writing at the bottom it had a disclaimer saying it was to do with the Seven Network show. Pretty clever way to get people roped into the show, especially when they think it may be an advert of a real airline. Anyone travelling past able to get a photo for me? I did not get a chance, which sucks, but the billboard is found just as you turn out from the Domestic Terminals next to the Metro Goods Railway Line bridge.

Guest g_i_jack029

smart advertising on channel 7s part,

sorry i can't get a photo, central victoria

They're flogging Lost on channel 7 in between the tennis.

Why did the plane go down anyway??? if they were flying at 30 000feet and they were up there for a couple of minutes while they lost cabin pressure, wouldn't they, well some of them be brain dead??? it's just a show anyway.

I found some information on http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/65077 ... ption.html

heres what it said in an accident report about decompression

the time of useful consciousness

At 20,000 feet, the time is 10 minutes; at 26,000 feet, it is two minutes; at 30,000 feet, it is 30 seconds; and at 40,000 feet, it is 15 seconds. At the higher altitudes, irreversible brain damage is quickly followed by death.

thats pretty scary, the story was about autopilot decent feature if decomression occurs.

reminds me of the book MAYDAY by Thomas H. Block

it was about decompression in the plane except this guy was on the dunny and when he tried to open the door to get out he couldn't (it was an inward opening door) Because the pressure outside was really low and the dunny cubical contained some of the pressure, he passed out but didn't suffer any brain damage.

dunno if any of that is possible but it was a good book.

anyway enough of my book and stats

Well the plane in LOST was actually, lost! It lost communication and position and was basically flying blind, the plane then broke up (unknown causes) and spread out over the island (On the water, on the beach and in the jungle). It is a mysterious island so technically those on board should not have survived the impact or maybe G forces involved (As the plane was falling oxygen would be getting more plentiful, so they probably would not have really passed out from starvation), however due to unknown properties and beings in the island they seemed to have survived!

Do they say on 7 when LOST will return? As at the moment it is only 7-8 episodes that have been filmed, and hence will more than likely be a split or shortened season due to the WGA Writers strike. Have heard Feb for LOST in the US, wonder if we will be about 5 weeks behind again.

Guest g_i_jack029

ands it's all because the writers strike????

what a load of $#!T

i think they have dragged out the show for too long!!!

at the start it was good, but then it became same old same old

They have dragged out the show, however it has been accepted till 2009/2010 by ABC from memory so they kind of have to drag it out until the last seson where everything will hopefully be revealed. The dragging out add's to the effect the show has on people, it keeps people in suspense while also giving them little tid bits of information to piece together the overall plot of the show.

This season has been affected by the writers strike, only 7 episodes have been scripted and now filmed. Hence this season will be either a split, or more likely a short season. It has also pushed back the start date of LOST in the US. I think it is next week, and seeing as though Prime/7 are only up to coming soon on their promos, it will probably be a month or two before we start it here. I will be downloading them if that is the case.