VH-VUN

Guest Glenn

Using a program called PlanePlotter I managed to track and photograph Virgin Blue's VH-VUN overflying Cowra at 34000 feet on her way to Perth. Passed overhead here at 10:45am

[ATTACH]17754[/ATTACH]

IMG_3808a.jpg.3684a5f9ad832839b9c4d55e60f23828.jpg

Guest Darren Masters

Nice one Glenn! Would have passed over my way too just was not looking this time :twisted: I saw that machine several times on the ground in Sydney over the last few weeks.

Hi Glenn,

I had a play with PlanePlotter a little while back, but without a VHF radio in my back pocket to receive the ACARS data I couldn't do much.

Is there an Internet feed anywhere that streams the ACARS data for the Asia Pacific region ? I did look, googled, wiki'd and so on, but alas, was not successful.

Thanks,

You Don't need a scanner to use planeplotter. If you pay the registration fee it can stream them from the net.

Internet sharingPlanePlotter can send its message data to a shared server so that messages that you have received locally (ACARS, HFDL or ADS-B), can be seen by other PlanePlotter users in different areas. In this way, each user enjoys the reception coverage of all the cooperating users together.

Check out Darrens tutorial section on his site.. http://www.phpbb88.com/aircraftmonitor/ ... aftmonitor

You may also like to check out http://www.openatc.com

Fabulous !

Just went to register and pay for PlanePlotter and it got stuck at "Checking authorisation (credit card) - please wait" ... and I did ... for ages ... :x

Have now sent an email, since I have no idea what the status of the transaction is ...

Guest Darren Masters

Ian, good stuff mate. I paid the $40 and never looked back! Best thing I ever spent 40 bucks on and let's face it, what can you get now for 40 bucks? Anyway, as long as you sent Bev the email re your transaction he should get back to you within 24hrs. He is usually quite good (depending on where in the world he is). Once you get your reg code emailed, let us know or pop onto our monitoring forum and we will get you started on using that wonderful piece of software.

Guest David C

I confer with all the comments re Planeplotter ... It's fantastic . Like your own personal radar , and only $40 . The best $40 I ever spent . I've never looked back either , although I looked UP a lot since getting it :lol:

Dave C

Well I'm finally "on the air" =D>

Such fun indeed, and managed to get the Google interfaces (aircraft and cockpit views) to work as well ... Sydney area seemed particularly good though I suspect that you guys have your receivers tuned in and 'uplinking' the data - good one ! :P

As for the mass of planes over Europe ... makes me think twice about flying there ...

well at least for 10 microseconds

I'll work on getting (or purpose built) a VHF radio too, but for the meantime a 'ham' friend of mine who's located on a high hill in Preston (Melb) will use a spare radio to stream the audio feed to me, though I have to show him how to do that .. but 'tis all good 8)

Now, I wonder if I can 'transfer' my TAA id into the Spotters web site :?:

Guest Darren Masters

Well done Ian! What were you wanting to do? Use the id you have here on my tracking forum? Feel free if that is what you are referring to.