Posible to re-change dates (QANTAS DOMESTIC)

Guest jessi

Guest jessi

Hi

I allready spend some what money with my visa debit card on qantas wesbite australia.

I did it in january and wont be traveling until may. In january i choose the dates i wanted to travel plus returning flight.

Because i know do realise these timetables with the cheap deals and so on seem to sorta change random without knowing days or weeks at a time cheaper or higher.. I used my visa card and print out when im going to travel.

So getting to brisbane to melbourne would of been 180 dollars one way (domestic flight) and then 185.00 return days later same flight on the domestic flight.

Know im wondering either i could change things or is it just too late know to extend my trip in melbourne?

I know that like i have previewsly said obove this content have said qantas price deals red deal and so on does change now and then and that dosn't mean that its going to be 180 for months. I didn't even new this.. just 1 week after i brought it i check up the price and the date i was going was much less it was 130 dollars one way.... then 3 weeks later it was back to 180 and then 140 at any given time.

I didnt made a package deal at all.. just choose the dates and return and click on whatever the cheapest line up price was then there is the second price and so on and the expensive price..

I choose cheapest. I wouldnt wanted to spend more when the cheapest price does good then anything correct?

Okies im staying 3 nights in melb and i might wish to stay 4 nights instead but my flight has been done. Is it too late know to change things or extra payment or such? I wouldnt no how the system works i wouldnt want to spend more if such.. So if the price now is less then how am i getting that return price back to me because its 3 nights what i made but might want 4 nights instead. Who knows sorry for the confusing folks.. Im not really unsure how that actually works.. if so.. better not to change things if reputation meets its end with a headache to work that out.

jess

Depending on when you are travelling is when you can change it. However, lower fares which are not Fully Flexible, Business, or First Class tickets will attract charges as with any airline who offers cheap fares. The Fare Rules for your particular fare can be found in the PDF File you would have been sent by Qantas. Below is the fare rules for a Red-E-Deal fare as taken from Qantas.com

Main points are Bolded and Italicised

Time and date changes can be made online at qantas.com/yourbooking. For any other changes call 13 13 13. Exception: For changes to combined Qantas and Jetstar bookings, and to multi-city bookings call 13 13 13.

Changes before the day of scheduled departure:

-Your original fare may be used as credit towards the payment of a new fare of equal or higher value, provided the new fare conditions are met.

At the time of making the change you must pay:

-the change fee applicable as at the date of the change

-for changes made over the phone, the service fee applicable as at the date of the change

-any difference between the fare for your new booking and the original fare

-once your booking is made the current change fee and service fee can be viewed anytime at qantas.com/your booking

-Your new booking must be for travel anywhere on the Qantas network within 12 months of the date that the original ticket was issued. However, you cannot re-book and travel on the same day.

Changes on the day of scheduled departure:

Not permitted. Loss of fare.

In short, you can change up to 24hours before your flight. However this will attract a change fee, along with the difference of you old fare and your new fare. If you buy a fully flexible ticket however, this is basically all waved and you can switch around whenever you want (Although I think you may still have to pay a fare difference on Fully Flex tickets).