Sydney-Saigon-Brunei

Nick

Woke up nice and early at 4:30am to drive down to Sydney from Newcastle to catch my flight. Check in was quick and easy so i was very happy spent the remaining time taking some pics drinking some coffee. I had entertainment onboard which was good but the the movies were pretty old only 2-3 movies worth watching. The guy infront of me kept ripping his seat back into my face so about 30min before we were to land i asked if he could put his seat up please he told me no so i showed him how we do it in aus (Oii D*** H*** MOVE YOU SEAT NOW) for sum reason he never hassled me again lol :shock:

I had a 2 hour stop over in Brunei before continueing on to Saigon the airport had no air con but the internet and coffee were cheap so i was happy. The A319 was a really nice aircraft to fly on and for some reason Saigon airport was not as busy as i expected.

Anyway we were told on our travel documents that we had a late check out at 6pm because our flight left at 9pm but when we got to the hotel at 1pm after shopping we were told it would cost us 50 bucks or we get packed and get out in 20min.So of we went left in 20 minutes caught a cab to the airport and it was about a 7 hour wait so 8 beers and a couple of coffee with baileys later it was time to board, walking on the plane was a bit difficult if you get my idea especially because Royal Brunei is a dry airline and Brunei is a dry country (no booze at all and here i am). Food was good the plane was empty so all in all very smooth very comfortable.

I still got the 8 hour trip home and heaps of photo's so stay tuned :D

Cheers Nick

The flight home was the flight from hell by yesterday afternoon i had been awake for 36 hours so i was not in the mood at all lol

It all started of by waking up at 8am on the 26th cruised down to breaky and then rented a car and visited the oil fields (Brunei's main income is oil) and then fianlly ended up checking out at 6pm dropped the car of at Brunei airport around 7pm. There is nothing and i mean nothing to do in Brunei airport before customs or after it so it was a 7 hour wait before i flight left at 1am :evil: As soon as i borded i saw the worst possible thing you want to see at 1am in the morning no personal tv screens :evil: Well i ended up drinking coffee and looking out the window for 7 and a half hours...

When the wheels touched down in Sydney there was nothing better :D

Well time for some photo's

My plane loading up

While taxing to 16R i snapped a pic of the A380

Crusing at 32,000

On approach to Brunei

The tower at Brunei how cool does it look

Saigon airport (big but no people :?: )

This pic is totally un aviation related but this is the fuel price in a country thats full of oil :D

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc109/Nick_Da/PIC02589.jpg

Cheers Nick 8)