Sia 298 9v-svg

Guest Darren Masters

Guest Darren Masters

All, Singapore 298 9V-SVG (normally an overfly) looks as though it is coming into Sydney. It is a Christchurch-Singapore flight. Not sure what is going on or whether it is just Plane Plotter but the flight is spitting out some unusual messages through ACARS too. Will monitor.

Guest Darren Masters
Any updates on this?

Not as yet mate. If I find out more I will post. I did track it leaving Sydney a few hours later though. It was spitting out more engine data than usual on ACARS. Don't know if it was mechanical or a medical emergency.

This from the SIA website today:

Christchurch Flights16 December 2008

Christchurch Airport is currently providing only limited supplies of jet fuel to airlines as a result of a fuel supply problem. This problem is affecting all airlines operating from Christchurch. As a result, Singapore Airlines is unable to uplift sufficient fuel each day to allow for its Christchurch – Singapore flight to operate non-stop.

SQ298, departing from Christchurch will make a short refueling stop in Brisbane, en route to Singapore, from 19 to 24 December (both dates inclusive).

On these days, the arrival into Singapore of SQ298 will be about two hours later than originally scheduled.

The departure time from Christchurch remains at 1150 hrs - the new arrival time into Singapore is 1915 hrs. (All times are local.)

We apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of the need to make this refueling stop. The cause is beyond the control of Singapore Airlines. For customers whose onward flight bookings are affected by the delayed arrival, their onward travel arrangements will be revised accordingly.

The stop in SYD yesterday was scheduled for an hour according to the flight status information on the SIA website.

Guest Darren Masters

Good find buddy. Well researched I was actually thinking of emailing them. I think their routing, ie whether they overfly YSSY or YBBN comes from the upper winds. Who knows, we may hopefully see them in Sydney again soon. Again, thanks for the information.