ASIC Questions

Nick

Hi guys

Just a quick question. I am under 18 (as you know) and i am am flying pretty much every weekend and hopefully soon i will be going away doing cross country gliding etc. I am about to submit my applciation for an ASIC, will i get turned down because of my age? and my flying club said i don't need one because i will be supervised (but i do my flying on a RAAF base so i guess thats why they say that) . So I have done this application by myself. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Nick :confused:

GDay Nick

sorry didnt know if you have got your awnser but as you know im under 18 and i have an ASIC but i will have to get a new one after i turn 18 hehe ( i have a question are we allowed to smile in our asic becase i didnt smile in mine i took it as a passport photo heh) But yes nick you will get an ASIC you should

Guest Dean747
GDay Nick sorry didnt know if you have got your awnser but as you know im under 18 and i have an ASIC but i will have to get a new one after i turn 18 hehe ( i have a question are we allowed to smile in our asic becase i didnt smile in mine i took it as a passport photo heh) But yes nick you will get an ASIC you should

When I got moine they said I could smile. :biggrin:Cant see why you would be turned down just because of your age.

Smile is not allowed. well I was told that and its on the form. I have had an asic since they become compulsory back in 03 or 04 cant remember when. You will find you will get one within 2 weeks as there pretty quick at the moment.

Before they will issue you an asic you must submit your application with a copy of your flight crew licence and CASA will not issue an asic unless you have a current medical certificate. (Aviation ID do them on behalf of casa)

If you dont fly and need an asic you will need a letter to support your requirements from your employer.

Take a look at http://www.aviationidaustralia.com.au