F100's at Brisbane

Pricey

Hey Guys,

While in Brisbane I noticed two F100's outside the Alliance Hangar next to Virgin Blue Hangar. Does anyone know what, why, how? I imagine they are both wfu's but do either have rego numbers?

Can anyone help?

One was a former US Airways aircraft (I can't remember which rego it was). It flew into DRW a few times as I remember commenting on it. All I can put it down to is laziness by the operator. If Alliance wants to fly around in plain-jane livery that's up to them, but at least paint over the former operator's livery. Putting a big blue strip to cover US Airways doesn't cut it.

Guest Darren Masters
One was a former US Airways aircraft (I can't remember which rego it was). It flew into DRW a few times as I remember commenting on it. All I can put it down to is laziness by the operator. If Alliance wants to fly around in plain-jane livery that's up to them, but at least paint over the former operator's livery. Putting a big blue strip to cover US Airways doesn't cut it.

Tough financial times indeed if even the paint is too much :eek:

Where's the pride, huh?

Guest avirgin737
Tough financial times indeed if even the paint is too much :eek:

I think it is more to do with the availability of a slot in the hangar where they get their paint done.. Combine this with the maint and flying schedule and you see why it is not that easy...

I think it is more to do with the availability of a slot in the hangar where they get their paint done.. Combine this with the maint and flying schedule and you see why it is not that easy...

True, however it has been at least 2 years. :confused:

I hope Alliance keeps it's head above water during these rough times for the sake of it employees. Once the wheel turns I hope they divest some money into their aircraft for the same reason. Might as well call it Brown Bag Charters.