nzom_pilot hits the west isle

nzom_pilot

Well its happened nzom_pilot has hit the west isle (also known as Australia) and am in Brisbane for a fortnight, hopefully to sure up somewhere to live and a job for my impending move in April.

I have endured the flights across - honestly the A320 is overrated. Sorry Daz but there is NO chance of me getting in a JQ A320 at 177 seats when a NZ A320 at 152 seats was intolerable enough.

So just to let you all know that the stray kiwi is in the land of oz, and that trip reports will be forthcoming. :biggrin:

what sort of job you looking for mate?

Almost anything - in the current economic climate I think i'll settle for anything i'm offered.I am looking for something along the lines of Admin - as I have plenty of experience there, but anything customer service would be good as well.

If it really comes to it I also have retail to fall back on, but that really is a last resort.

I've been told on here I could be a travel writer so that is always a possibility, as is any ground based aviation job.

I used to be fussy about where I worked but I guess in the current global economic screw-up I cant afford to be as choosy anymore.

Guest Darren Masters

Welcome buddy. Nice that you and I are going to keep the flotation levels of the two islands equal :biggrin: Don't be like that re the JQ A320. You will have to do it once if just for the laugh...

Welcome buddy. Nice that you and I are going to keep the flotation levels of the two islands equal :biggrin: Don't be like that re the JQ A320. You will have to do it once if just for the laugh...

Well almost mate - the South Island will be a bit lighter and the North Island a bit heavier but at least the West Island (oz) will be level.

Prehaps its was just the Zeal 320 kiddie crews that did it - I'm sure the JQ crews are a bit better - but then again :tongue: LOL

Guest Darren Masters
Well almost mate - the South Island will be a bit lighter and the North Island a bit heavier but at least the West Island (oz) will be level.Prehaps its was just the Zeal 320 kiddie crews that did it - I'm sure the JQ crews are a bit better - but then again :tongue: LOL

Ha ha. Mentioned in the contract was domestic ops (NZ) so there you go. That's all I know for now. Other stuff was just super forms, tax etc etc. Anyway, how are you finding it so far?