Pilot Insignia

Guest AYV80R

Guest AYV80R

Hi all!

Having passed my PPL and now a CPL student, i was wondering what is the CORRECT insignia that CPL students wear on their shoulders?

As a PPL student it was one white stripe, does this change?

Thanks alot - looking forward to your replies

AYV80R

Guest AYV80R

thanks for your reply Robbo.

Sorry about the location, i saw 'flight training' but didn't realise it was RAA. :frown:

its all good...

I still cannot work out why students need uniforms, you should only wear uniform if your employed within the air charter/airline industry when you are officially flying for a job.

Don't know why people wear uniforms when there training.... But hey that's just what I think :)

Guest Darren Masters

Why not? Then you really feel the part. I know people who fly recreational aircraft and wear military flight suits. I do when I aerochute (it's warm) :biggrin:

Guest OzChris
I still cannot work out why students need uniforms, you should only wear uniform if your employed within the air charter/airline industry when you are officially flying for a job.

I believe that full time CPL students should wear a uniform - its all about discipline :]

Guest AYV80R
I believe that full time CPL students should wear a uniform - its all about discipline :]

I completely agree with both of you.. for me its a personal choice to wear the uniform, our flying school has no rules on wearing one. But I choose to wear it because i am doing my CPL and i feel very proud to put on a uniform and pin a pair of gold wings over my chest. What pilot isnt proud of that?? Not everyone in this world has the ability to be rewarded with a pilot licence.

Its all about getting ready for the real work.. its the same reason we dont just fly from A to B on a nav, but instead we simulate certain tasks like carrying cargo/passengers etc and sticking to departure and arrival times.

So does anyone know exactly what a CPL student should wear on their shoulders? i have heard 2 white stripes for CPL, one for PPL.. but not too sure if thats correct.

Guest OzChris

The pilots in the full time training course at Ballarat wear uniforms and it looks good. Im not sure that they have any bars though, just white shirts and blue pants...quite dressy and professional

• 6 months later...

From what iknow it just depends on your Flying school like some come up with there own bars they may be red, blue or some other colour the place to really ask if your Flying school as many have there own students uniform at mine i see people where the Black and white CPL students but they dont wear any Bars so yeah just depends....at my stage of training i dont wear it but yeah hmm a heated debate is what this topic is about to wear bars or not to wear bars as a student............that is the Question???

I wouldn't wear them unless you're in a full time flying academy, otherwise it just looks like you're trying too hard. Even then, most people will say you're not a real pilot until you're being paid for it. So probably wouldn't wear wings or bars until CPL.