Pricey in Melbourne

Pricey

Hi Guys,

Sorry - have had IT issues at home. At work now and can tell you I was in Melb Monday and yesterday. Maybe I am spoilt in Syd but I honestly didn't think much of YMML. Vantage points aren't so great, and a bit too far away from the action! Lots of construction going on so maybe in a few years it might be better but was disappointed to be unable to see much of the international apron. Good photo ops at the approach to Rwy 16, though, but a shame you don't get to see the touchdown.

Maybe they coud spend some $ after the new terminal and set aside a viewing area around the control tower or Bureau of Met. Drove out to Avalon - apart from the remains of EBU, not much to see at all! Nice new shiny terminal, no movement! Had a quick reckky around Essendon which was a little interesting...

Am I being too harsh, guys?

Damn !!!!

If I had known I could have taken you around, I showed Darren around YMML and also took him airside at Essendon to look at jets. I was around YMML and Essendon between 1:30pm and 5pm pity I didn't know and you could have joined us.

I was in a Green Holden SV6 station wagon.

Guest Darren Masters

Yes we had a good day yesterday! Will have some good shots to share when I get home but that's thanks to Robbo getting me airside. We were also on 16 in the carpark Pricey. Shame we did not know you were there.

Bugger. I would have been great to meet up. I was zipping around Monday arvo and Tuesday morning in a little blue hatchback. Spent most of the time at the carpark near 16. Next time for sure...