Excellent Service - Qantas you rock

Guest summerbird

Guest summerbird

Recently travelled on Qantas a380 return flight mel-lax. I must commend Qantas on its excellent inflight service and entertaintment. Lovely flight and very quiet.

Unfortunately cannot say the same about singapore airlines. Inflight service stinks!!! and I mean it. Will not fly SQ again ever.

Summerbird

Strange innit. I am the exact opposite. Never mind we must have both had cabin crew that had bad hair days. I had a few international flights with Qantas and got tired of their rudeness. Now fly Singapore and find them the best. Thai are ok and Lauda were up there with SQ. BA were good too.

TAA stank on my 2 of 3 flights with them although on one flight I was travelling with 2 very drunk workmates it was hard not to be tarred with the same brush. Ansett and Kendall were excellent. REX are now first choice around Oz. Flew Qantas return to Brisbane from Melbourne and they were good.

Guest Michael Coates

I find it strange also, i have found Singapore VERY good and Qantas lacking sometimes. I guess it's all based around the crew because all the planes fly the same. If the crew are not happy then i guess your not going to have a good trip. With the new self service and token system being introduced it will all change again.

Rumor has it that you will shortly receive Qantas tokens for your flight for use with food, drinks and the toilets. Apparently you get 2 toilet tokens, 2 drink tokens and 2 food tokens on long haul, if you need to visit the gents more than twice you need to purchase a new token from the vending machine for $2 or borrow off another passenger, makes it hard for international trips if you dont have $2 available in AU coin, maybe they will accept credit card also.

Guest Michael Coates

No it's true.... Here is a photo of both sides of the toilet tokens from the Qantas website.

[ATTACH]17898[/ATTACH]

qantas-token.jpg.fd5a4fcbef0903a5ce8c813b9322a871.jpg

Guest Darren Masters

First I have heard of this one. I think Mr C is having a field day! :biggrin: Glad you enjoyed your flight mate. Last few times I have been impressed with QF (although I was in business) but I must say, all the SQ service I have had has been superior. As cabin crew (relatively new into the job) even if I am having a bad day I leave it at home. It makes such an impression on the passengers when you conduct excellent service. Have had a few pax after flights say thanks for the awesome service and it's great for both of us

Guest David C

Well the actor Raiph Fiennes was happy about the servicing he received from the Qantas hostie during his flight to Sydney :biggrin:.... I wonder if he needed two toilet tokens or just the one :tongue:...

Dave C

The last time the family flew Qantas it was from Brisbane to Adelaide,it had the Tassie state cricket team on board & passengers were asked if they would change seats so they could all sit together(maybe they should have had there seats pre allocated)To add insult to injury the cabin crew asked my kids(not youngsters) to clean there tray tables and the when we landed my luggage was lost & apparently ended up with the cricketers luggage since then the has only been one Airline we will fly & it's the Mighty Virgin Blue.

Thanks for reminding me Cavalier of another experience with Qantas. Many years ago I was flying Sydney-Melbourne very late at night on a 763 which was nearly empty. On board were about 4 Ethiopian(I think) atheletes, here for a well publicised meet at Olympic Park. The crew spent most of the flight chatting to atheletes. As they say, you couldn't complain about the service 'cause ther wasn't any!

Another trip with QF, Melbourne-Bangkok, on both flights I was put in the row with the fold down cot, which meant I had to suffer a screaming infant both ways. I was even left holding one of them whilst mother went for a break. Why allocate a seat in that position to a bloke?:rant:

Thai were relegated from our first choice, not because of the service but the hatred of the MD-11. Uncomfortable seats and the smell of fuel in the aircraft on several flights. I have enough trouble getting the missus on a plane at the best of times.:eek:

Guest Darren Masters
Well the actor Raiph Fiennes was happy about the servicing he received from the Qantas hostie during his flight to Sydney :biggrin:.... I wonder if he needed two toilet tokens or just the one :tongue:...Dave C

Very good Dave :biggrin: