727 yellow alert

Guest Chainsaw

Guest Chainsaw

Ok I need some help. I am thinking of nzom and Dazza.

VH-DHE the yellow DHL 727 for the last few years has been arriving in Sydney at 8pm Syd time during the week. She then left at about 10:30pm for AKL and arrive at AKL 2:30am.

Lately, she has not been seen in Sydney (ACARS logs from PeterA and MarkT).

Peter tells me she has been replaced by VH-TBS, also a 727 (ex Ansett).

DHE is still arriving in AKL at 2:30am but is now leaving there about 8pm (according to AKL ACARS logs).

Where is she going? She has not appeared in any Australian ACARS logs so my guess must be one of the Pacific Islands. Given she is gone from AKL each night for just 6.5 hrs.

This is where I need somebody on the ground in AKL to ask some questions please.

Please ask where is she going and will be returning to the Sydney run.

Ta guys.

Mr Chainy Sir,

I have sent an email to my contact at AKL, and await his reply.

But I wouldn't think that VH-TBS is operating in its place as TBS is registered to AVIATION AUSTRALIA PTY LTD in BNE, and I would assume that TBS is their ground based 727 trainer at BNE, and appears to be the 727 in the photo under static aircraft, under the heading facilities hire on thier website. But this is just my theory.

Guest Darren Masters

I am sure I have seen TBS while I was in Brissy not long ago (parked over near the international terminal). I don't recall seeing her in AKL...yet. I have no idea where the yellow 727 is going mate but I can try and find out. I guess one way I can find out is by listening to clearance delivery.

Guest Chainsaw

Ahhh nz, I knew you and Dazz would come through :)

DHE used to arrive in Sydney at 8pm Syd time. Gosh, if she is leaving AKL at 8pm AKL time, that doesn't leave much time on the ground at YSSY!!

PeterA (Daz you know Peter) used to show DHE in his logs, but she now doesn't appear?!? He mentioned to me about TBS and I have asked him to confirm. Maybe another plane is showing the TBS rego. Getting the hex will help here.

I'm sending our resident TAA/YSSY madman Pricey out to get a photo of DHE so, guys can you give me any times for the Sat run into Sydney? Does she still leave AKL am and arrive YSSY about 1:30pm? NZ/Daz.

Thanks guys.

This may require Daz using the Mk I eyeball method as it takes off on Saturday, but in saying that, the email I received stated its last flight was the Friday night run, so perhaps mail/freight volumes are quiet at this time of year and the sat flight isnt required.

Guest Chainsaw
This may require Daz using the Mk I eyeball method as it takes off on Saturday, but in saying that, the email I received stated its last flight was the Friday night run, so perhaps mail/freight volumes are quiet at this time of year and the sat flight isnt required.

So does this mean she is grounded for a while? Pricey will be very upset.

btw I found out why Peter thought TBS was around.

VH-DHE is transmitting the code once used by VH-TBS. (Thanks to StuartM and PeterA)

Guest Darren Masters

This is the response that I got:

It is operating to Sydney and back on Mon-Thu nights as Tasman 1 and 2.

I will go down there (seeing as though I am for work this afternoon) and while walking in between domestic and international have a look and see if I can see her. I'll have my camera with me Chainy.

Guest Darren Masters

Good'o mate Chainy, saw her up on the departure board tonight. Rego was DHE departing here at 2000 for Sydney. Sorry mate, could not see her to get any pics.

Guest Chainsaw

Thanks Daz and nz :)

Hey, Madman, you might have to wait until either DHE starts Sat flights again or the summer to get that pic.

Guest Darren Masters
Ahhhh, I see, a time exposure and a yellow bluuurrrrrrrrrrr lol

With lots of fumes out the back :biggrin: