VH-OED off to the desert on the 13th of Sep

Guest Ryan M

Well if you haven't already been on Airliners.net today.....

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4546487/

Sad to see another beauty heading for the desert...  

QF has scheduled to dispose 4 x B744 and 4 x B763...

VH-OED will be the 1st B744 to be removed from service...

The aircraft will operate her last revenue service this coming Sunday 13th of September as the QF107...

A very sad sight to witness another retirement, however being replaced by a more reliable aircraft

R.I.P. VH-OED

The other 3 QF 744's soon to leave the fleet is OJK, OJF and OEC. And the B763s to leave soon the fleet is OGA, OGB, OGC and OGD.

Very Sad if you are a fan of QF 744s....

(Original text from EK413 on airliners.net)

Correct, I didn't word it correctly. I made it sound like all 3 were from MAS. Ta for the clarification mate.

48E = Asiana

4H6 = MAS

BTW according to QFlyer, these are the soon to leave to fleet....Confirmed stuff

(Click for full size)

Don't forget the B743s VHKDK

Speaking of the B743s, has anyone heard any news about them getting the chop yet? Or are they just gonna sit there?

Guest Chainsaw
Hey Guys,Interesting that they would be getting rid of their own 763's while they are still leasing half a dozen from BA????

Neil, I did read somewhere that the Z's configuration is best suited to domestic ops while the OG's to international (A330's much newer birds for international ops).

Let's face it, most of us think the Z's all suck and they should have been eating dust long ago. That is not the reality of business though.

Good comment mate :)

Neil, I did read somewhere that the Z's configuration is best suited to domestic ops while the OG's to international (A330's much newer birds for international ops). Let's face it, most of us think the Z's all suck and they should have been eating dust long ago. That is not the reality of business though.

Good comment mate :)

I agree with some routes the ZXs are on (i.e.MEL-SYD) but on routes like PER-SYD/MEL/BNE they're horrible, I mean put some PTVs on if there gonna be longer than 3-4h :mad:

And don't get me started on seat pitch :tongue: