Delays Sydney am 17-9-2009

Guest Chainsaw

The WX has cleared in SYD now and operations are back to normal . Brisbane has had a few diversions this morning , both BA's , both UAL's , KAL , EY, VA, QFA6 . I also heard the VS200 requesting an immediate div to MEL in the event of a go around , not sure though if this one got in or not ..

Dave C

I see BA9 , QFA6 and QFA12 a A380 VH-OQD are on their way down from Brissie right now ... One bonus for the Brisbane spotters was the QF A380 , the newest and it's first visit to Brissie ... No doubt the rest of the diverted will be following close behind ..

Dave C

Was quite lovely to wake up and spend the next little while watching the heavies dept one after the other for SYD - flew right overhead my place

watched these aircraft pass over at about 5000-8000ft on the resumption of their flights

QF6 VH-OEF B744 FRA-SIN-SYD

QF12 VH-OQD A388 LAX-SYD

BA9 G-CIVK B744 LHR-SIN-SYD

QF829 VH-OGO B763 DRW-SYD

sorry no photos, maybe next time if I get my act together

Just looking at the radar and see while having breakfast I've missed the US depts

UA863 N197UA B744 SFO-SYD

UA839 N105UA B744 LAX-SYD

DL17 N705DN B772 LAX-SYD

also noted JL772 JA707J B772 NRT-SYD had diverted to OOL and has recently departed there for SYD

Chainy ....yes mate the camera is ready and willing , the weather is NOT :redface:.... It's so hazy , that any attempt at a shot would be a waste of time .. and sods law would have it that I have to leave for work soon ... it will clear up then , that's a sure bet !!.

Dave C