One for Chainy

Guest Darren Masters

Guest Darren Masters

Here you go mate. Best pic I could get of her out of my crew window this afternoon in AKL. She was rolling at 2012 for SYD when I was leaving to go home. Sound was magic!

Guest Darren Masters
That would be nice Daz. Why not record her too *grin*

You just reminded me to pick up my video camera next time I go to Aus

Guest Chainsaw

Pricey, she comes in around 9pm ish and leaves 10:35pm approx.

There used to be a daytime Sat flight, but not sure if she still does that. I'd have to check the logs from this weekend.

Guest Chainsaw

I do remember they suspended the Sat flight for a while, but not sure if its back. Sometimes its not easy being a few hundred kms from YSSY. I used to live close enough to hear and see her.

Guest Darren Masters
I do remember they suspended the Sat flight for a while, but not sure if its back. Sometimes its not easy being a few hundred kms from YSSY. I used to live close enough to hear and see her.

At 2030 today (Saturday) she was still sitting on the pad in AKL so I would say Sat is out of the question.

Guest Chainsaw
Have we discussed this here before? I'm getting dejavu!Can't remember off the top of my head and cant find the appropriate email from last time .. but I think Chainy is correct on weekday flights only

Yes we have discussed this before...and will again. DHE is such a beautiful bird, I could talk about this every week :)

btw Pricey, if you are listening to ATC her call sign is usually Tasman1 (at the moment).

• 2 weeks later...
Pricey, she comes in around 9pm ish and leaves 10:35pm approx.There used to be a daytime Sat flight, but not sure if she still does that. I'd have to check the logs from this weekend.

So me and the Missus are heading for the shops this afternoon, I took the camera just in case we saw something interesting as we drove past, and guess what I spied taxiing for a 34L take-off at about 5pm ON A SATURDAY!!!!

Finally Mr. Chainsaw Sir, Finally...

[ATTACH]17941[/ATTACH]

1778574956_VH-DHE(2).jpg.e796e91bfc03e6a1ef5f33201347fae7.jpg

Guest Darren Masters

Well Pricey...very well captured mate I like the climb-out one. She is part of the furniture here in AKL. I hope for many more years.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chainsaw

Neil part 'B' of the chase.

DHE is off on maintenance during January 2010. A replacement Transmile 722 will be in. Get that camera ready.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...