Anyone know where this is?

Guest Darren Masters

Guest Darren Masters

I know it is a longshot but somewhere on the way to Darwin from Sydney spotted this airfield. Approx 2hrs into the flight so it is outback and I am thinking it is military. Any ideas?

Guest aviatrix27

Only possibility I can come up with is Jundah. I put the flight into Air Nav VFR, then cross checked with Google Earth. Unfortunately that's a low res area on GE so I can't be sure.

Nope LOL, I scanned up and down as the crow flys between Syd - Dar, nothing, you should have called the Capt on the intercom phone and asked if he knew where we are or the Lat and Long, if the AC did not fly as the crow does, then its almost impossble to find that airfield, but its a wide one, so could be Military, about where would 2 hrs flight time put the AC, Darren ? Could have been 50 NM either side of the crow line or more, (shall call it the great search ) curious to find out, I often scan the GE to find airstrips and airports etc,.

Guest Darren Masters
Darren, if you get a chance to ask any Skippers that fly that route, where and what it may be, as they will see it long before you do out of a window, so that may be a good way to go to satisfy the interest of us all,

Hey John, I don't fly that route but in July when I return Vietnam I will ask them what it is as I am so curious. Was just thinking someone may know it.

The arrowhead pointing to the right clearly indicates that this is the product of an alien intelligence, probably pointing to a gateway to another dimension where travel to other worlds is possible.....what's that strange light outside?..... I hear footsteps.... Aaargh! they're here.. don't anybody

• 6 months later...