Crewing Zk-dak 6th May 2012

Guest Darren Masters

Guest Darren Masters

Crewed this baby again today. Here is some video of us doing some circuits prior to the Auckland scenic. Enjoy! :)

Guest David C

Great video Darren ... Ah the sound of those radials .. I take it that was Ardmore ? .... Thanks mate for posting , loved it .

Dave C

Guest Darren Masters
Great video Darren ... Ah the sound of those radials .. I take it that was Ardmore ? .... Thanks mate for posting , loved it .Dave C

Mate, sure was Ardmore :) Glad you enjoyed it!

Man when Takeoff power is going the bloke in the jumpseat's ears are itching on the inside from the racket.

Have all you DC-3 nutters been given our video of VH-CWS flight from Sydney to Perth in 2006?

Let me know if you haven't and I can post you one.

Guest Darren Masters
Man when Takeoff power is going the bloke in the jumpseat's ears are itching on the inside from the racket.Have all you DC-3 nutters been given our video of VH-CWS flight from Sydney to Perth in 2006?

Let me know if you haven't and I can post you one.

Oh please post. Please :D:cool: Drool...

Guest JabJockey
Crewed this baby again today. Here is some video of us doing some circuits prior to the Auckland scenic. Enjoy! :)

That's great, have u got any more?? :)

Me cousin and iIwere talking ove dinner and DAK came up. He mentioned, "You've flown her... she was PNM.

I have a couple of hundred hours in her in one of her earlier lifetimes.

Papuan Airlines bought her from Phillipine Airlines and the chief pilot, another captain and the first indigenous first officer, Mincon Penni flew her to Moresby.

She smelt different to other DC-3s and had more seats. Hard erect little buggers they were too. Built for Asians.

She had an extra window up in part of the the luggage locker area, so another row could be fitted.

We flew her for a few years and she was sold to Bushies (Bush Pilots Airways) and moved to Cairns.

I have a photo of her somewhere when she came up to Mt Hagen for the show with a bunch of tourists from Cairns.

She still had the funny smell in the cabin. I guess it was the seat material.

I don't remember her being a freighter in Patair. We used to cart passengers and freight in PNA and PNB. Sometimes pure one or the other, but plenty of times there'd be a few rows of seats down the back and cargo tied down on the floor up the front.

We learned how to tie down cargo well. No nets ... too much trouble.

I'll try and find the photos I have of her in other liveries.

Guest Darren Masters
well Darren, you'll have to pm me an address.

Will do shortly mate. You sure it's no trouble?

Guest Darren Masters
That's great, have u got any more?? :)

I have some floating around somewhere but have some pics from yesterday too I'll post shortly :)

Guest Darren Masters
Me cousin and iIwere talking ove dinner and DAK came up. He mentioned, "You've flown her... she was PNM.I have a couple of hundred hours in her in one of her earlier lifetimes.

Papuan Airlines bought her from Phillipine Airlines and the chief pilot, another captain and the first indigenous first officer, Mincon Penni flew her to Moresby.

She smelt different to other DC-3s and had more seats. Hard erect little buggers they were too. Built for Asians.

She had an extra window up in part of the the luggage locker area, so another row could be fitted.

We flew her for a few years and she was sold to Bushies (Bush Pilots Airways) and moved to Cairns.

I have a photo of her somewhere when she came up to Mt Hagen for the show with a bunch of tourists from Cairns.

She still had the funny smell in the cabin. I guess it was the seat material.

I don't remember her being a freighter in Patair. We used to cart passengers and freight in PNA and PNB. Sometimes pure one or the other, but plenty of times there'd be a few rows of seats down the back and cargo tied down on the floor up the front.

We learned how to tie down cargo well. No nets ... too much trouble.

I'll try and find the photos I have of her in other liveries.

Mate, that's brilliant! :) She still has that smell. Have no idea what it is considering she now has a newer interior. Weird stuff hey? The owners will be stocked to see that picture you have of her on here. Do you have any others? There is something special about the old girl and I love flying on her :)

I'll look, but Ididn't have a camera for a long while when I got to PNG, then about two days after I got one someone pinched it. It was well into my second year that i could afford a new camera ... then I went nuts but I was in Ansett PNG then.

...She still had the funny smell in the cabin. I guess it was the seat material...

I recall a flight, Darwin to Goulburn Island in an Islander on the way to a jack up oil rig job in the Arafura sea.

The Islander was used all around the small strips in the Gulf area, and the polite - and politically correct - expression for its interior ambience would be "less than fragrant":confused:

Ah yes! that photo of the TAA Twotter. Why is the rest of the aeroplane cut out?

The smell of fear... I know it. Smelt different when a bunch of indentured labourors were off to the unknown on a charter to coastal plantations for two years, compared with the seasoned air traveller on an ordinary flight

We're off to Caloundra air museum to re-acquaint ourselves with a couple of aeroplanes we flew way back when.

Ah yes! that photo of the TAA Twotter. Why is the rest of the aeroplane cut out?

Pulled it as is off the web some years ago.

"My" Islander smell I recall as being like really rancid fat - which it quite possibly was - maybe Goanna(?). B****y rank, anyway!

Guest JabJockey

Thankyou so much for posting those pics, they are just great!! Makes me want to go back to NZ :)