Aviation Artwork

Leonie

Howdy all, new member here :) New disabled artist as well. Some of my paintings, acrylic on stretched canvas, most are on 50x70 canvases, exception being the SR-71 it is on one about 40x100 I think it is. Thanks for looking anyways folks :) The first one is the first painting I have done of both an aircraft and since becoming disabled. The last is the one I am currently working on :) Most of them I make "3D" as well by making the nose pop out a little bit. It is also really hard to take good photos of paintings LOL

Spitfire

Nanchang

F/A-18 Hornet- a friends request, and that is why it has not got correct weaponry as he wanted these specific weapons :)

F/A-18 Hornet sillouette

And finally the one I am currently doing, have nearly finished, SR-71 Blackbird surveying war aftermath

KEWL !!! Most aviation artists are male,I guess it's a 'blokey' thing,so,it's refreshing to see a lady painting aircraft. When I started out,I entered as many art shows as possible with VERY low prices. As I got better known and sales started,the prices crept up. That's the way it goes in art. As you become 'collectable' the prices go up. I also have a display every Sunday at a local craft market. Very few sales,but I get to talk to potential clients and hand out my business card. You have a great advantage having your dad in the industry. Maybe a few pieces of art on the walls of his workplace?

haha woooo :D its good to meet fellow aviation artists!! thats a good idea about my dad and his work! cant believe I have never thought of that before. and nice to meet you robk!

Hi Leonie,

These are excellent ... whilst you say you have a disability it certainly is not with a brush.

Love the Nanchangs!

Cheers

JV

• 3 weeks later...