The Swiss Jet Man

Hi All..wanna see some flying that is XXXTREME..! dial up the The Swiss Jet Man in your Google window & click on the YouTube links..!

This guy is really something, leaps out of a plane, unfolds his mechanical wings, lights the jet engines & blasts off thru the sky..won't tell you how he lands! Check it out for yourself - its mad flying at its best. Enjoy.

Smooth Flights

Chris :yin_yan:

Swiss Jet Man

I'd heard about this Buzz Lightyear-type flying gear but never seen it before.

I wonder if he can actually climb with that tiny engine and those little wings, or only extend a glide?

At least he wasn't crazy enough to try to land under power. That thing must have a really high stall speed!

Derek

Guest ozzie

The wing that Jetman is using is a homemade unit that was based on a modified Porshe whale tail used to "glide" across the channel from England to France several years ago.

It is folding to so he can get out of the door and is fitted with two R/C Turbine engines developing around 40lbs of thrust each. It takes about 25 seconds in freefall to unfold and stabilise the engines. he can then climb and manouver using two handles controlling a elavon on each wing. He is actually flying up and down a valley. the chase planes are a porter and a edge so he has the speed. duration is around 5 minutes. when time is up he climbs back to a safe hieght to deploy his canopy and lands using a normal parachute. last heard of he was planning a four engine unit with ground take off ability. apparently the wing is "approved " by the Swiss CAA.

Looks like a lot of fun. I think his homepage is www.jetman.com couple of years old now. reminds me of the 'Rocketeer' movies from when i was a kid.

looks like a great way to beat the Sydney peak hour circus.

Two of these turbines would go real nice on my wing. like anything real cool it would be totally impractical.

Swiss Jet Man

Those RC turbines don't come cheap, so Swiss Jet Man's "plane" probably cost more than mine did.

What is that wing thing that ozzie's avatar is flying? Can't see it clearly enough to tell.

Derek