aircraft cover

Dayble

Hi all,

anyone know a good place to get aircraft covers for a Jab 230 ?

I heard something about a place at Wagga that does them ?

Interested in just windscreen, prop or full covers.

Is there a trick to using them, so that the wind movement does'nt

just act like sandpaper and grind the surface ?

Regards,

Ian, try Dianne Pierpoint - Punkinhead Airsports - 0429 938 426 at Yarrawonga. She made the covers for the J430 at Tooradin that you may or may not have seen there (it's in a hangar out the back and owned by a forum member here). Custom tailored to fit and she already has templates for the 230.

Hi again Ian, Bill W down here has just got one from Dianne and it's on 4064 at Tooradin. Worth a look. Steve has also bought one too for 3936 after seeing Bill's.

Guest Maj Millard

Just recently knocked up a windscreen cover for the Lightwing. Bought some high quality, but lightweight blue boat cover vinyl from the marine supplies. Then bought some light felt which I lined it with. The felt comes in all colors, from the same place your mother buys her dress material from. I wanted it to be long lasting, and waterproof for when you do those overnighters. Basically knocked it up on the home machine after working out what it needed to look like. After a flight I clean the windscreen (good idea to get any patroleum based spots off at that point anyway) and wack the cover on. Obtained four appropiate snaps for the cover and plane also from the boat shop. I suppose it helps to be able to use a sewing machine. I wouldn't recommend putting it on if there is dust on the windscreen, even with the felt. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hi guys, yeh I have one for my 230 from punkinhead air sports and covers the entire aircraft and can be used in sections as well eg cabin only! I am very pleased with the quality, service and the overall product fit..

Watto