Canungra Airfield/Club

Guest joe

Would anyone have any info on an airfield in the Canungra (SEQLD) area; possibly private strip but may have a club as well?? i did see a picture about it somewhere on a website I thought but can now not find same. any contacts/advice greatly appreciated. cheers, Joe

http://www.chgc.asn.au/

<TABLE width="100%">

<T>

<TR>

<TD =banner colSpan=3>

<H1>The Canungra Hang Gliding Club</H1>

<H2>Home</H2></TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD =navbar width=120>Home

News

The Club

The Area

Competitions

Hang Gliding

Paragliding

Pictures

Links & Stuff

Members Only

Gear For Sale

</TD>

<TD =content colSpan=2>

<H3>Welcome to Queensland's Major Centre for Hang Gliding and Paragliding!</H3>

<TABLE width="100%">

<T>

<TR>

<TD vAlign=top>All year round, you will see members of the Canungra Hang Gliding Club flying from Mt. Tamborine and Beechmont in Hang Gliders or Paragliders; these sites are suitable for pilots from beginners for soaring the ridge lift a couple of hundred feet above the hill to advanced pilots who will climb to 10,000 feet in thermals and fly cross country as far as Dalby, Warwick, or Kyogle.

If you want to experience the joy of flight and soar with the eagles, join us in Canungra and we will show you how; our local instructors offer both introductory tandem flights as well as full license </TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

<A name=CFC></A>

A phone call to the contacts at the hang gliding club or this one should find someone who knows

i remember some time ago River was asking for airfield coordinates to update his database he may be able to help.

PS if you find it let me know

Canungra Flying Club Phone: (075) 446 406

Meets: 1st Sunday of month, BBQ lunch, Kooralbyn airfield

Guest sypkens

Hi Joe,

Are you talking about Canungra close to the town of Canungra on the Gold Coast or Canungra International close to the foot of mount tamborine?

I think Canungra International is a pivate strip with a few likeminded souls that fly together. Whether it is a club you would have to check with them.

Jan

Would anyone have any info on an airfield in the Canungra (SEQLD) area; possibly private strip but may have a club as well?? i did see a picture about it somewhere on a website I thought but can now not find same. any contacts/advice greatly appreciated. cheers' date=' Joe[/quote']

G'day Joe,

It sounds as if you are asking about the "Canungra Internatioinal Airport" which is a private minimum airstrip sited at GPS Ref S28.01'000 E153.10.000 approximately just to the west of the Mt Tamborine Ridge.

The first two prints are old and from the Google Earth mapping program and the third is a photo taken from the air by another aviator of the strip.

Check the latest updates using the Google or Microsoft's online free map viewing program which may give better imaging of the airstrip and you will be able to conduct a recce of the area using these programs.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Roger, thats great! thanks very much. I believethe land is owned by Michael Fraser & am in the process of making more enquiries. thanks again. cheers, Joe