Locksley field/Shepparton..

Simonflyer

Hi All.

I noticed there has been a few posts on Locksley field/Shepparton and the changes that went on(the move from Wallan Etc.), and i thought i would give a bit of information on my experiences flying with Sue and Nathan, and learning out there..

My plan long term is to go onto a career in Aviation(Teaching in RA and possibly GA too along with other GA work), so I did an obsessive amount of research on flight training before i began including going to about ten schools in moorabbin, picking up all the info packs, doing two separate TIF's, talking to as many pilots as i could and making calls to quite a number of other regional schools, but in the end i opted for Locksley for a few really simple reason's.

I think the first would be that when i went out there to do my tif and had chatted with Sue(and later on Nathan), i could tell that she had a lot of passion for her work, and was willing to answer my constant never ending array of questions(that still continue).She has always been willing to impart a little extra knowledge, and i really feel i have benefited from that.The office is well looked after and clean, and it might sound like a small thing,but to me that stuff shows there is care taken to detail..I cant tell you how many places i went to that were run down, and i thought to myself if they look after their planes like they look after the office, Im Dead!

The flying itself is a pleasure out there, and in my opinion is a great place to go from ab-initio t wherever you like.There is not a lot of traffic around, but you do get enough learning to deal with the odd busy day, as Mangalore is a couple of NM away, and the students there are always joining in the cct.I also have in my mind that a bit further into my training(PPL and CPL) that i will spend more time in controlled airspace and learn to fly under those conditions, but to get to this point now has been great without the added pressure of 450000 movement a year or whatever it is at moorabbin.

I also had to take into account the financials as we all do when we start to fly, and i am going on to CPL A so no matter how i do it, it was going to cost a bit.But quite a bit less..This Is yet another reason we fly RA Yes??

At locksley, there are no wait times on taxi..Pretty much as soon as you are in the air you are in the training area,the costs for the tecnam 130$ solo 180 dual are competitive in RA and absolutely murder GA Costs.

anyway i cant recomend them highly enough..:thumb_up:

checkout the website at

Fly Victoria - Locksley & Shepparton