The occasional pilot...

G'day all,

I'm not sure I'm in the right place... I fly for fun (when I can) but in a 152! Well, it's not much bigger than an ultralight really!

Anyway, I'm Chris- I do a lot of flying through Biggles books and the like, and the real thing when I can afford it. About 15 hours total now, had that special 'moment' not long ago... instructor jumped out, said, 'Just do one more circuit!' and closed the door! All went well and it was an awesome experience.

I want to build my own aircraft one day (think that's how I found this site), that would be something of a goal for me... I'm also interested in mission flying (like those guys in PNG who land on a scratch in the side of a mountain).

This site looks really good, I've enjoyed reading the posts and updates etc- looks like a good place to share ideas and stories! Look forward to that.

Chris :)

G'day Chris, and Welcome to the Forums...

Interested in mission flying... I think we have something in common there... good stuff:thumb_up:

I'd like to fly for MAF in the near future... but it's what ever I'm led to do really.

I've now got about 15hrs in a Drifter, and I'm getting close to that moment as well apparently, a bit nerve racking at the thought though:big_grin:

Have Fun and fly safe...

Hi Tomo,

All the best with your upcoming solo, mate- it is great moment. Having said that there are many more steps in the journey, as I'm realising more and more (and they almost all cost money...).

I actually do some work as an area rep for MAF down here in Vic- contacting sponsors, speaking at schools, churches, etc. You've probably got people up that way that you can talk to, but if you do want any info, just give us a hoy.

Chris.

G'day Chris,

Yes I know Jonathan Dillon, the area Rep for the brisy area, and also I know Roger Young down there in Vic, I've read his book also. (and for the other forum members, Roger was a pilot in PNG for 15-20 odd yrs:thumb_up:)

Fly Safe,

Tom