ASIC card holder?

Tomo

What do you guys use as an ASIC card holder...? I know it's been asked before, but I can't find it, so thought I may as well just ask again!

Thanks

Guest mike_perth

I use the one mine come with the black plastic one with the strap probably not the most attractive but it works.

RAA AUS sell them for about $4.50c. Give them a call. (I believe the casa supplied direct asic cards come with one for nothing - go figure)

Cheers

Maynard

I see... will give the Raa a ring tomorrow and sort one out! Yeah, I went through RAA so I didn't get anything...:big_grin:

Thanks

I cant believe you actually are going to need to use it.Ive had mine for a year, and havent needed to show it once!Granted ive been flying half way between the backa burke and east of nowhere!

Yeah true! I would have liked to not have one, but now that Toowoomba's RPT! and I'll be flying there more than likely once I finish my nav's....

Also If you get it before you turn 18, you don't have to go through as much rigamarole... so that's why I done it!

Guest mike_perth

Ive been asked for mine twice at Jandakot - Once by a security guard and once by one of the ATC guys whilst he was walking around the ramp (must admit I was looking a little suspicious looking for an aircraft in a hanger I'd not been to)

I just filled out the application form for my asic card and I feel like I've just been robbed of $160. 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

I'm going to wear it everywhere though...down to the shops, to bed, to work, I'll get my money's worth out of it!

I'm going to wear it everywhere though...down to the shops, to bed, to work, I'll get my money's worth out of it!

Yeah! It does look pretty spiffy too!

Ah better go and get ready for work....! 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif

Guest dilojem
I just filled out the application form for my asic card and I feel like I've just been robbed of $160. 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gifI'm going to wear it everywhere though...down to the shops, to bed, to work, I'll get my money's worth out of it!

Te he he... I laughed at the other reply too... but wearing it everywhere is VERY IMPRESSIVE.

I have one too and the only time I have worn mine so far... is when I went to RPA in Murray Bridge to impress them, that at least I must LOOK like I knew what I was doing!!! 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif

What do you guys use as an ASIC card holder...? I know it's been asked before, but I can't find it, so thought I may as well just ask again!Thanks

The bloke who runs the airfield here has one so he holds and I just follow!! Same at most airports, there is always someone who is a holder and I always feel safe when with them:laugh:006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Why bother if it is not at a major jet field??

Why bother if it is not at a major jet field??

Yeah thought of that too... but $160 every two yrs is still better than getting a $5000 fine if you get hit!!

It's helps the heart rate keep normal that way to:laugh: