Icom A210 Wiring diagram

Thruster87

The diagram you have is for the A200 - the A210 may be different, but if it is the same the followng will apply:

The intercom on that wiring scheme will only work from copilot mic to the headsets. The pilot mic will be dead to the intercom.

the A200 manual shows their correct method. For the intercom to operate, both mics must connect to K input. It matters not if the pilot mic is left connected to the J input, except that all the noise from the copliot mic also gets transmitted over the radio.

If you want both mics to work the radio, put the intercom on/off switch at terminal K. Unplug the non-used mic when operating solo.

If you dont want the noise of the Pax throwing up during your transmittings, use a double pole switch with 1 pole for each mic lead on its way to the K terminal.

Ralph

FWIW the A200 & A210 have identical pinouts, If you have a noisy cabin be prepared to adjust the Mute and Mic gain presets. All the detail for install is in the owners ops book.

If it goes pear shaped call Icom service in Melb they are usually happy to help out.

Rgds:thumb_up:

Sent a copy to the Techi at Icom OZ and he said it was correct but still can't get the intercom to work [everything else works].Have gone thru the menu setup with the techi but still NO intercom [pushed Dual button for 2 secs to switch intercom ON still nothing] Might end up putting a separete intercom in. Cheers

• 1 month later...

Well you lost me.

I thought you said the intercom would not work? Pin 10 needs to be connected to a ground to enable the intercom in the radio.

Well looking at the wiring for the A210 that is my belief. But if it is all working then thats great.

Jim Tatlock

Austec Avionics.

Well you lost me.I thought you said the intercom would not work? Pin 10 needs to be connected to a ground to enable the intercom in the radio.

Well looking at the wiring for the A210 that is my belief. But if it is all working then thats great.

Jim Tatlock

Austec Avionics.

Pin 10 is not used.It appears that what happened was the rear plug was misaligned and since that was rectified the intercom now works.Cheers