Hard starting jab

Guest The Bushman

Guest The Bushman

One of our new club members just purchased a new jab second hand airframe but new 2.2 engine

Now this engine is dam hard to start and as i run the same engine that is easy to start i will be doing some seroius invertergation to find the problem have some idears allready so will keep you informed

Plenty of spark plenty of spin good condition engine at this stage it is insufficent fuel on the choke side of cold starting when warm or hot no problems ????

the Bushman:DirtDOG::DirtDOG::DirtDOG::DirtDOG:L2

Guest The Bushman

Cold jab

after reading through that group seem that each and everyone has a differant problem

Will report back to you if successful on this aircraft and method used

James

• 2 weeks later...
One of our new club members just purchased a new jab second hand airframe but new 2.2 engineNow this engine is dam hard to start and as i run the same engine that is easy to start i will be doing some seroius invertergation to find the problem have some idears allready so will keep you informed

Plenty of spark plenty of spin good condition engine at this stage it is insufficent fuel on the choke side of cold starting when warm or hot no problems ????

the Bushman:DirtDOG::DirtDOG::DirtDOG::DirtDOG:L2

Hiya yo will probably find the idle is set to high, which will make the choke ineffective, or float level may have been disturbed, so just check that out first and you should be ok, i use the iridium plugs as well so good starts even in very cold conditions, they have one third of the resistance on your ignition circuit, and a omnidirectional spark pattern, you dont get a drop in rpm when mag checking thats how much better they are a complete burn occurs $20 bucks each but they last longer and less demanding on the ignition. hope this helps cheers Steve

Guest The Bushman

As reported in a earlier Forum My New members jab was very hard to start

Well now starting on the second or third swing on a cold Morning

Found that in the enrichment disk in the carby needed to be drilled out to 1/16 and turn the disk around to the 8 oclock position (Dot on the Shaft) and this engine is only 10 hrs old from Factory also will futher test and may need to increase jet size in bowl for choke side off fuel supply now 80 85 available as standard

James :thumb_up::thumb_up:011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif