just landed

Guest austwa1

Guest austwa1

Well I joined some time ago but the taxiway was a bit long, so here is my first post.

I have a Jodel D11 that is now registered RAA . Only just finished my formal training & into the never ending learning part.

I am considering replacing the 0-200 with a Subaru so would love to hear about the best reduction drive, would even buy a complete engine if the price was right.

I have been looking closely at the Stratus! I have also heard that there is a good reduction drive made in NZ but cant

find any details. ( it was probably designed to help the little Kiwi fly, wonder if its a tractor or a pusher?) Methinks being Kiwi designed, it will be a pusher. John Roberts

Welcome austwa1,

Great to see another poster from this side of the continent - helps to even out the numbers a bit but we have a long way to go me thinks.

I can't help you with your query but I'm sure you'll get some info from the knowledgeable bunch here.

Cheers,

Pud

Welcome to the forums John.

As with Pud though I can't help with Subaru engines or reduction drives, but that won't stop you I'm sure. Plenty of auto-gyro guys here with that experience, you may get more help from the specific subaru, and reduction drive, forums here (as opposed to just landed) at the Rec flying forums, plus others further afield.

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Thanks for the info Peter, I have contacted them. Do you know what the installed weight of your Subaru was? & what your fuel burn is.

John

sorry but not sure of the installed weight -I bought it 2nd hand. Fuel burn is 17-19 litres per hour depending on throttle settings, prop loading, etc

If I was installing an engine now and was not going the certified route I would look at the EJ22 -- a lot more horsepower for not a lot more weight

Peter