just landed on here

G'day mate, welcome along.... :thumb_up:

You won't regret signing up I tell you, best place for friendly people, help, constructive criticism, laughs etc... you get the drift. :big_grin:

Keep safe, and have fun... :thumb_up:

Guest Decca

Welcome to our forums Marc.

Can you tell us what the significance of the Canberra is to you?

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

no probs Decca, ive been trying to look after her "unofficially" for a few years now as nobody else, even Avalon, want to look after her and it was basically this aircraft that began the obsession.

ive tried on several occasions to purchase the aircraft from Avalon airport but so far have had no luck, she is quite a rare one as far as Canberras go, it was one of six modified for cartographic survey duties and i believe is one of only two survey jets left whole, she also is a combat veteran, having spent quite some time in Vietnam, and i just feel she deserves better.

Guest Maj Millard

Welcome Canberra, I'm surprised Temora Air Museum haven't grabbed that one but the they do already have two. welcome to the site mate. The Canberra is a great looking plane. Years ago I was trained on the ejection seat, which had a strange parachute in it made from, wait for it !

' Celonese Fortasan' a silk-like material, but much stronger. Isn't it strange how you remember these things................................................................................Maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to butt in here guys but let me tell you what the canberra means to me. Ater flying as Nav in Lincolns and pretty well anything else the RAF chose to throw at me, they told me that I was henceforth on Canberras. To keep it short it was like going from a go- cart to a Formula 1 I was, at the age of 30 like a teenager again. WOW!!

How I wish that I was nearer to you mate.to try to save a Canberra would just about be the ultimate in my life. Good on yer mate just wish I could help in some way, Best of luck regards. Fireproof

trying to do what i can but unless she is taken away from the more or less salt water marsh that Avalon is built on it will sadly be a losing battle, corrosion is already rampant in the empennage and theres a broken window in the Nav's compartment which has let in a fair bit of water and weather but thankfully the vandals have so far left her in peace