Hi I'm planning on buying a lsa aircraft and I was falling in love with the morgan sierra 200 until I read this:
"With reference to the images provided, what brain dead moron:
1. Allowed a plastic automotive fuel filter to be used, let alone located forward of the firewall?
2. Used plastic cable ties in lieu of metal hose clips to secure a fuel line to a fuel filter and pump?
3. Tied electrical wiring to fuel lines?
4. Misdrilled, Ovalised and rewelded holes in what appears to be a control column? The visibly bent threaded rod end bearing I will charitably attribute to crash damage.
5. Failed to provide chafe protection for a brake line exiting the fuselage?
6. Failed to meet any form of edge distance limit on fitting a fibreglass fairing?"
I have read all over the forums that Gary Morgan is a nice and honest person, but what about the quality of his planes? Seems that CASA doesn't think they are safe.
I really like that plane, it's like a vans rv12 (removable wings) but faster, stronger, you can use a variety of engines and it seems that it can handle a mtow of 1500 lbs. I don't have much experience on aviation. Can someone tell me about the quality build of the sierra 200 (factory built)