Site Rules, Policies Etc
By registering and using this site you have agreed to the following:
1. General Site Rules
- Your use of this site is at the sole discretion of the site Administrator.
- This website including all that is contained within it is privately owned and managed and it has no formal or implied connection to any organisation or body and just because it is on the internet does not give you or anyone the automatic right to use it. However, the site was created specifically to provide interactive support and help and a common meeting place for all pilots whilst strongly promoting the joys of flying recreational aircraft.
- If you have been banned from the site or notified that you are not allowed to enter or use the site then you can not access the site in any manner possible. Doing so is an infringement by law.
- A person or entity can only have one single registration with one single login to use the site. Multiple registrations or logins are not allowed.
- Registering under a false name or using another person's identity or login details is not allowed.
- The site Administrator or one of the Moderators have the right to ascertain the true identity of a registered member at any time.
- By registering to use this site you agree to abide by all of the site rules, policies and objectives and any other that may be posted within the "Announcements" Forum of this site by the site Administrator from time time.
- Commercial posts can not be made without first obtaining approval from the site administrator. A commercial post is deemed to be one where a financial gain can be obtained directly or indirectly by a person or any other entity conducting a business other then a private person. If in doubt please consult the site administrator.
- The information provided on Aircraft Pilots is presented as and is intended for educational purposes and general knowledge for recreational pilots.
- The information provided on Aircraft Pilots is collected from visitors who may or may not have a bias unrelated to the Owner of this site. It can also be false, inaccurate, wrong or doubtful. It reflects the author of it and it may not necessarily be true.
2. Forum Rules
- All posts made in the forums are to be in compliance with our site agreement, site principals and forum etiquette rules.
- A forum post can be made to one forum area only. If a thread is related to more than one forum, it is still to be posted to a single forum in which it fits better. Multiple posting of the same or very similar post is not allowed.
- Every forum thread should be created in the relevant forum and every post should be posted in the relevant thread. Irrelevant, off-topic posts and threads should not be posted.
- Members should not post messages which can provoke, harass, disturb, agitate other members whatsoever.
- Posts which can be considered rude, unfriendly, angered, ill-mannered, inappropriate, uncalled-for, gratuitous, disturbing, un-respectful, unjust by other site members or site administration are not to be posted.
- Replies and Questioning to warnings, notices and reminders of site administration and moderators, criticism, complaints, discussions of site administration, site rules or the site itself, are to be sent via the private message system or email system to site administration. Such discussions can not be pursued inside the public forums or existing threads.
- Posts in the forums are expected to be written in English as it is the default language of our community. Posts should be clear, understandable, correct in grammar where possible and should avoid using too many abbreviations and chat language slang.
- Any use of obscene language other the the usual Australian colloquialisms or disguised with other characters is not allowed.
3. Accidents and Incidents
- Accidents and Incidents posts are to be made with consideration to them being a learning tool for the betterment of all forum members
- No conclusions shall be made on the cause of any accident.
- No allocation of personal blame shall be made directly or indirectly at any person.
- Possible causes, or contributory factors, of an accident may be explored and opinion given based on the poster’s demonstrated reasons for giving such opinion.
- All posts shall be sensible of the feelings of family and friends and expressed accordingly.
- Strict moderation will be applied to all posts to ensure these rules are adhered to.
4. General Forum Etiquette
- You should not TYPE YOUR MESSAGES IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS LIKE THIS. This means shouting on the internet and considered rude.
- When you are creating a new thread, you should provide a subject which clearly indicates what the thread is about. You should avoid using short, irrelevant or unclear subjects like "Help me!", "Read this", "Anyone?", "What do you think?" etc.
- Reminders or warnings of forum moderators should be discussed with that moderator in private, not in public or inside forum posts.
- If a forum thread is closed, a similar thread is not to be opened. Likewise one is not allowed to post or create a thread to query why it is closed, this should be asked to forum moderators with a private message.
- Formatting of messages with colouring, making it underline, bold or italic, centering the text, indenting, using a different font size should be used to emphasise a small section of the post and not be applied to the entire post.
- If a post is quoted in your reply, you should only quote a small relevant section of it, not the entire post.
- Before opening a new forum thread, you should search the site and make sure that the subject has not been discussed before. If it has, you should add your post inside the existing thread and not create a new thread.
- If a forum post is against rules, you should not reply, quote it or discuss it inside the forum. Instead you should click "report this post" link and notify the forum moderators to take over. If a post is reported it will be hidden until discussed by the moderators.
- If any word in your post is replaced by *** this means it is in our filter list and you should not use that word in the forum again and never attempt to bypass the filter list to write the word in a different syntax.
- If you receive a private message or email from another user, you should not post it publicly without prior consent of the sender.
- If you don't like a member in the forum, do not flame the forums for such users or reply to their posts.
- Change of usernames is accepted by contacting the Administrator but should not be done frequently and should only be requested if necessary.
- Aircraft Pilots does not sell, rent, loan or trade any personal information collected at this site. This policy includes email addresses of the members.
- In accessing this site and the Internet generally, you assume all responsibility and risk for its use. Users are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures to protect themselves and their own computer systems.
- This website sends harmless internet cookies to your computer to keep track of your visits, collects site statistics and remember your member information to save you from having to re-log in each time you visit.
- Some of the site content (including some posts in the forums etc.) is open to public viewing including search engines. Members shouldn't share personal information in their posts which they don't want to publish in the internet. We have no control over search engine results when such information is submitted to the site by our members.
- The Aircraft Pilots server may collect and log IP addresses, browser information, cookie information, user actions performed in our website and other to provide a better service and improve the value of the materials available on the site. These web logs are not sold or shared with third parties.
- Yet we share aggregate demographic information with our business partners, including advertisers. This data is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Aircraft Pilots may share any information it has if an authority (police force, Court etc.) requests it. Our site also reserves right to share such information to a complainer if any of our site visitors or members stalks or disturbs this user in an unacceptable manner and we confirm this with our records.
- Aircraft Pilots contains links to, and graphics from, third-party websites and/or content providers. This Policy does not extend to those parties, nor is Aircraft Pilots responsible for the content linked to or provided.
- Most of the information in this website is kept in a database which contains posts, registration info, survey/poll results, private messages, logged IPs etc. All this information contained within the database belongs to the administrator of Aircraft Pilots and it can be accessible by site administration whenever it is required.
- This site keeps the email address of its members hidden, unless member reveals it himself with opt-in selections. Member email addresses can be accessible to third parties if member posts it inside a forum post or emails another member.
- This web site is provided without warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, including but not limited to, those of title, merchant-ability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement or any warranty arising from a course of dealing, usage, or trade practice.
- Aircraft Pilots will not be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon the information provided.
6. Terms of Service
- Aircraft Pilots is a private web site and visiting this website or being a member is a privilege, NOT a right.
- Aircraft Pilots has full liberty to choose its members. We reserve our rights to accept or reject any member signups, remove or banish any member from the site, grant and revoke any privileges to members within the site without warning, prior notice or giving any reason and in anytime we find appropriate.
- Aircraft Pilots can anytime stop or suspend its services without prior notice.
- The information published in this website may be outdated or wrong in one way or another, so no information should be used without consulting it with a professional.
- All content added to this site by its members and visitors can be rejected, deleted, modified, edited by site administration and/or its moderators.
- By submitting content to this site in any form or by any manner, you grant Aircraft Pilots, its owners and servants a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt and publicly display that content through the site and services including its use in any form of marketing that the site may undertake from time to time.
7. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
- Site visitor agrees that the use of Aircraft Pilots services is entirely at visitor's own risk.
- Aircraft Pilots services are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, constructive or statutory, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchant-ability, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Aircraft Pilots makes no guarantee of availability, continuity or quality of its service and reserves the right to change, withdraw, suspend, or discontinue any functionality or feature of Aircraft Pilots services.
- In no event will Aircraft Pilots be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use Aircraft Pilots services or any content thereon.
- This disclaimer applies, without limitation, to any damages or injury, whether for breach of contract, tort, or otherwise, caused by any failure of performance; error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; computer virus; file corruption; communication-line failure; network or system outage; or theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of any record.
8. Indemnity and Legal exemption
User agrees to indemnify and hold Aircraft Pilots and its servants harmless from any loss, liability, claims, damages and expenses, including attorneys fees, arising from or related to the content, use, or deletion of User's Files, messages or use of any other feature or service in this site. This expressly includes:
- User's responsibility for any and all liability arising from the violation or infringement of proprietary rights or copyrights.
- Any defamatory or unlawful material contained within User's messages, private messages, emails, attachments, images and files.
- Content submitted to the site by the user
- Other content in the site
- Communication with site administration
9. Legal Policy and Notice
10. Copyright Notice
All rights of this website is reserved. This includes the rights to its name, domain name, trademark, concept, format, content, style, skin, code, database and every other element in this website. No part of this website, its content, name, applications, documents, programs, texts, design elements, images, posts, look, feel, atmosphere or format can be copied, shared, moved, published or used without prior and explicit consent of the site Administrator/Owner.
Except where diligently implied, absolutely NO part of Aircraft Pilots may be reproduced or recreated without explicit written permission by the site owner of Aircraft Pilots and certified with written verification.