Airbus A380 leaves Sydney

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

This morning. What a beauty!

Now this morning, the A380, what a beauty. I was on the way to work. Pouring rain, traffic nightmare due to everyone stopping for a look and I thought bugger it, I will pull over onto the no stopping shoulder too and have a look at her. She was taxiing to and holding on 16R. I was impressed. I was in awe really. Amazing achievement in aviation. I was going to watch her take off and heard tower tell the A380 pilots that they had a 0835 dep for her and was he aware of it. The pilot was not and stated he would continue to wait. He did not have much of a choice really. With that I bid goodbye to her (for a while) and went to work.Still glad I got to see it though.Made my weekend!!! :):):)

A pic I took of her in Canberra yesterday. Not the best quality but still the mighty 380. It's about the size of the airport terminal. When I saw it taxii past the Fedex MD11 this morning it made it look like a midget (the MD11).Wish I had the camera this morning.

Guest David C

Both The A380 and Qantas 707 XBA flew over my place inbound to Sydney on RIVET 8 STAR's for R/W 16R , but guess what ?? . It was cloudy . Couldn't see them , but they sounded good !!

Dave C