McPherson01

Guest mcpherson01

Guest mcpherson01

With a fair amount of excitement and anticipation we signed up to purchase a new Tecnam P92 Echo Super toward the end of Oct.2006.;) The plane was to arrive in Aus mid to late Feb 07. with delivery to be early to mid March. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif We have paid in full and to date can not even ascertain when arrival in Aus. will occur let alone confirm if the plane has even been shipped. 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif To those that have been there before is this normal :;)5: Unfortunately the excitement is starting to wear off and we are starting to think about alternatives. Any encouraging thoughts would be appreciated,

Regards,

Ian & Chris

Guest Roger

Hi Ian,

Its certainly frustrating having no set arrival for your new machine. However I think you will find most of the high-end jobs are pretty much in the same boat for the moment.

We ordered our Jabiru in February and was put back a few times to take delivery in October. The demand seems to be still quite high for UL aircraft everywhere.

The Tecnam is a fantastic machine and you would be hard pressed to find better! (although your namesake and this sites admin would probably disagree!;)).

Hang in there - the wait will be worth it I'm sure>

Roger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mcpherson01

Missing P92 Tecnam

To Bateo :

To this day our ( and I mean "Our" as we have paid in full ) Tecnam is still missing with no definite advise available as to the delivery date. Ordered on Oct and manufactured in Jan 07 It was supposed to be here the last week in Feb. or very early March. We are now becoming very, very frustrated.At Avalon I had the opportunity to speak with Giovanni, from the New Zealand distribution point for Asia, who said the entire saga for them was embarrassing for them and that our plane was overlooked but now has been shipped on the 16th Mach and should arrive in Aus in the next 6 weeks. He really was no help at all. As stated to this date we have not been able to obtain from Tecnam any definite detail of shipping or the delivery date. We are now requesting engine numbers and aircraft/frame numbers.The whole situation has become quite stressful as we have expended well over $140,000,and have zip to show for it,049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif having to pay up front leaves a lot to be desired and I would not do that again.

Ian & Chris ( just hope are luck will change soon )

Guest mcpherson01

Good news at last.

We have just been advised by Val from Stawell Avaition Services that our Tecnam is aboard a ship due to dock in Melbourne on the 30th April, best news we have had for a while, ;)

Ian & Chris

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mcpherson01

Bateo, Thanks for the enquirey,

Yes the Tecnam did arrive and it is a great little machine, with many thanks to Horsham Aviation Services. They really looked after me, wish I could say the same for the local Tecnam dealer, still a bit of unfinished buisness there, would do it diffently if I had to purchase again. Not to worry now though have to look forward and not back. To this date have not done to many hours but hope to front up to a few fly-ins later in the year, may catch up somewhere around the traps, Regards Ian.

Thanks Ian,

I must say that Bruce Stark (my local tecnam dealer) has been very helpful with me and we bought privately.

I am glad to see that you are enjoying the machine. No doubt it was worth the wait!!