MACKAY TO KESWICK

Guest Stkin0

Guest Stkin0

Today simon and myself flew over to keswick island in the pooring rain, when we were approching KSI he started to make some very sharp turns, wow.

the runway was only 400m and here we were 2 POB in the warrior, we landed safly although we used about 300m roughly.

to make matters worst we had too take off with 4 POB and i can tell you, it wasent the best take off situation. we had to apply full power with breaks and then start too roll down the runway....

as this was my first time to keswick i was unsure of what the approch would be so here iam looking at this little airstrip thinking how are we going to land and take off that with what we had on board but we did it and now i am at home typing on this forum

Hi ya Steven,

It's always great to see young people taking an interest in flying. Take care and one day you'll be an old codger with many hours of wonderful aviation experiences to share. Your experience sounds a bit scarey smiley3.gif. Please accept this as good advice, not criticism. If the weather's iffy, always choose to stay on the ground. If in the air and weather ahead is iffy, always choose to turn back. It just aint worth the risks, esp with 4 POB to look after.

Regards,

Paul PaulN

Hello Steven,

I'm not sure if the following are 'words of wisdom'...probably not - just the ramblings of an old bloke.

THE LONGER ONE LIVES - THE OLDER (and more chicken?)ONE GETS

Regards

Bruce hiperlight

Guest ozzie

G'day Steven,

if you like those type of challenging strips that islands have to offer, try Linderman Island in 15/20 se just after some decent rain.

just a quick question when i was living up that way they started to build a strip at laguana quays that was looking handle international flights. i think it was ready to be sealed then prosipinians cracked a stink and it stopped. has it progressed at all? THANKS Ozzie

Guest Stkin0

to the question about laguana quay, i have never herd of it.

give me a week and i will ask one of our pilots

Guest Stkin0

i am only a student with about 3 hours flying time, my instructor that i had for my flying lessons said that i could take control to fly the plane to keswick, but when he was about to make the approch i had to have hands off as a number of sharp turns were made near hills may i add

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Stkin0

yes we have to get permision by a guy names rodger and the landing fee is about $20

sorry it took me so long to reply

Guest ozzie

Steven, The resort of Laguana Quays is about 15nm south of Proserpine town ship. they have a small activestrip just south of the resort . the new strip is/was just to the north of the resort. There is also another strip nearby called whitsunday airpark. used to be owned by the guy who used to run hamilton island watersports. be good nav exersise to go and check these strips out.

• 1 month later...
Guest Stkin0

i am replying to the below message:

Steven, The resort of Laguana Quays is about 15nm south of Proserpine town ship. they have a small activestrip just south of the resort . the new strip is/was just to the north of the resort. There is also another strip nearby called whitsunday airpark. used to be owned by the guy who used to run hamilton island watersports. be good nav exersise to go and check these strips out.

do you by any chance have an old flight plan (if you or someone you know did this flight)

i ask this question because i fell like just going for a little flight with my instructor (not training) i am doing flapless circuts now and you may know that circuts are quite booring after an hour or two

any way if you do please email me at [email protected]

thanks for your time!011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif