t300 parts

Guest jeremy

Guest jeremy

can anyone tell me where I can buy the nylon bushes that the rudder stabilizer slides into on the boom, thats if you can understand my strange way of explaning it thanks jeremy

Hi Jeremy, I just bought some 1"x 12" nylon rod from aircraft spruce and turned them myself but I did see a bearing place SKF or Consolidated Bearings or something like that had some[nylon rod]. Hope that helps [oh the thing you described is the horizontal or vertical stabilizer]

Guest jeremy

Thanks, I had actually thought of that but i dont have a lathe and live 300km from town, I might have to try next time i get to town.

Guest TOSGcentral

Drag the two bushes out, measure the outside diameter of the prongs on either the fin or tailplane (whatever you are replacing) and the internal diameter of the housing.

Then take them to someone with a lathe and get them turned up - it is a very quick and cheap job.

I would suggest not using nylon as it has hydroscopic properties, swells and contracts.

The stuff I use these days is the same material used to make heavy duty pipes and can also be had in solid tubular rods that is ideal for the purpose.

Tony