Took the Daughter up...

Guest OzChris

Guest OzChris

I have been trying to 'sell' the idea to my daughters, of coming up in the Thruster with me for a couple of months now. Today my eldest (Steph, 16) decided to come up :]

The weather was absolutely GORGEOUS!!

We joined 4 other aircraft in Circuit using RWY 18 at YBLT...Here is a shot just after our take off on cross wind leg, Steph was amazed at the visibility and view:

The RWY in screen shot to the bottom right is RWY 05...

Departed Circuits on Downwind leg, departing to the North West.

We set course for the 'Natural Energy Wind Farm' not too far from Ballarat on the foot hills out toward Clunes/Mt Beckworth way.

We were cruising at around 500' AGL - it is so beautiful at this height!

The Wind Farm is absolutely amazing from the air - these wind turbines are massive!

Steph was pretty excited with the whole flight - but especially seeing this wind farm at this height (Steph has her thumb up, but the cammera opperator had 'issues')!

After having a good look around we set our heading to return back to YBLT:

As you can see from the images, the weather was just perfect. There was a slight breeze from the South - just perfect for the Thruster!

We joined 3 or 4 other aircraft in Circuits, we arrived on the Downwind leg following a C172 all the way in to land RWY 18.

Steph LOVED it! She was suprised at the ability the Thruster had to take off so quickly and climb - and she was delighted with the gentle soft ride that followed...

Steph has already made plans on where we are flying to next time! Im happy with that :]

Nice scenery!

Looks like you have converted your daughter and I suspect that she will be sitting next to you quite a lot now :)

Guest Darren Masters

The stuff dreams are made of Chris 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif Love the 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif on your daughters face...priceless! Many more adventures like this to come for you my friend. Thanks for sharing.

Guest OzChris
Nice one. Always nice to get another victim, I mean convert. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

:biggrin:

I cant convince my youngest Daughter yet (Chelsea, 11)...She sat in the Thruster and said NO WAY!:fie:

She isnt much a fan of flying though...she tolerates the Piper Warrior, C172 and the Jabiru, but she has drawn a line at the open cockpit Thruster :cray:

Guest Chainsaw

Just tell her it's like a Luna Park ride lol

Great report Chris. Steph looks like she not only enjoyed it but looked quite relaxed.