Tooradin Flyer

Guest PeterW

Guest PeterW

Hi Everyone, I joined TAA a few months ago after hearing lots of good things about it from other members but I have been a bit slack and just haven't got back to introduce myself.

I have been flying for 11 months now and began my training after taking a Tiger Moth Aerobatic flight at Tooradin that my wife gave to me as a gift. I had always loved flying (in fact transport of all types), but I was hooked after the Tiger flight and virtually booked straight away for my T.I.F. and then after that started my RA-Aus Pilot Certificate training.

I now have my certificate and 62 hours clocked up and I am currently working towards my Cross Country Endorsement. I have my solo hours completed and have one more dual lesson before my flight test. After that I am free to join some wonderful new friends I have made since starting to fly on some great adventures. Over Easter I took my wife up for the first time and was relieved when she had a great time even though she is not as passionate about it as I am but she too is looking forward to us flying off on new adventures for week-ends or day trips.

I remember well the great times we had when after 6 years of restoring a classic car, we went off for some great adventures in it. In recent years the car was not being used as much especially after our children grew up and so it was sold to fund my flying and so starts a new chapter.

My flying experience to date has just been in Jabiru 160's and 170's and I have had a few circuits with my instructor in his Texan (nice plane to fly) but I must admit the Jabs have been reliable and I have enjoyed my training using them and quite enjoy cruising around in the 170. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Guest Glenn

Welcome Peter. I have seen you over at S&LDU. There are a few members you will recognise here too.

Is that a Beaver in your avatar?

Guest PeterW
Welcome Peter. I have seen you over at S&LDU. There are a few members you will recognise here too.Is that a Beaver in your avatar?

Thanks Glenn and it is a Beaver. We were fortunate to have a few flights in them while on a holiday to Canada and Alaska. The one in the avatar was docked on the Taku River in Alaska at the "Hole in the Wall" glacier.