Everything is going to China...

Guest Michael Coates

Guest Michael Coates

Seems like everything is going to China lately.....

Czech Evektor EV97 2002, is now made in Shenyang China since 2011.

Cessna 162, made in China since 2007, planning to sell 700 to over 1000 planes every year.

. Hawker Beechcraft, the CEO,Bill Boisture came to China 3 times from January 2001 till now,trying to decide the way of co-operation with Chinese.

. DF-2 made in Ningbo,China, full surpoorted by an USA company( calls Changfeng co.,), contracted to export to USA, about 350pcs during 3 years since 2007;

. Dynaero fron France, authorizing a Chinese company to make MCR-4S aircrafts in Zhuhai in China.

. China bought Sirrus Company in USA, in March, 2011.

. Diamond from Austria, made DA40 series in China several years ago, and past EASA manufacturing certification in 2008, sold 43 planes in China International General Aviation Convertion (CIGAC) 2011.

. Liberty, seems established in 2000 in USA, came to China and finished the trial fly in April, 2001. It was fully certificated from 2004 to 2006 by FAA, and CAAC in 2007.

. Aurora Aircrafts made in Hunan province, Chinese people made, fully supported by government.

. Hummingbird 206L (Sikorsky S-52) has been made in Kunshan in Jiangsu province since 2011 and planning to make 300 planes during 3 years.

. S300C technology sold to Tianjin to make AC310 and show in Sep.,2011 fair in Tianjin.

. Czech Evektor EV97 2002, is now made in Shenyang China since 2011.

. Tiger AG-5B was made in Chengdu since 2002,and contracted to export 200 planes every year.

. USA JDTmini-Max Aircrafts will be mae in China by a homebuilt lover in Shenzhen, China.

Amazing isn't it - just about everything we touch is made there. Can't help feeling that one day we are really going to pay for this, well maybe our grandkids. In the meantime the Dollar talks.

Guest Michael Coates

I highlighted the Evektor because it is a plane that we have exposure to in the Australian market.... there are however many others made their which are not listed on the list above and are sold pretty much in the USA market alone.... Boeing are also having a lot of stuff made in China as well which does not appear on this list

It's funny how Evektor only has their oldest (current) and simplest design built there. One they don't actually sell in Australia.

I wonder if we'll start to see more and more "native" Chinese aircraft. It wouldn't be hard to buy the rights to a popular/proven plans-only home build design, get it up to ASTM standards and sell it as LSA in the US and here.

So far one of the reasons Chinese companies are buying US manufacturers like Cirrus and Continental Motors as certification. Same reason Honda is designing and building their jet in the US. That makes it easier to be FAA certified and when you are FAA certified, you are world certified. I wonder how they would go if they got it certified in China and then tried to have that extended to other countries...

Seems like everything is going to China lately..... Czech Evektor EV97 2002, is now made in Shenyang China since 2011.

Cessna 162, made in China since 2007, planning to sell 700 to over 1000 planes every year.

. Hawker Beechcraft, the CEO,Bill Boisture came to China 3 times from January 2001 till now,trying to decide the way of co-operation with Chinese.

. DF-2 made in Ningbo,China, full surpoorted by an USA company( calls Changfeng co.,), contracted to export to USA, about 350pcs during 3 years since 2007;

. Dynaero fron France, authorizing a Chinese company to make MCR-4S aircrafts in Zhuhai in China.

. China bought Sirrus Company in USA, in March, 2011.

. Diamond from Austria, made DA40 series in China several years ago, and past EASA manufacturing certification in 2008, sold 43 planes in China International General Aviation Convertion (CIGAC) 2011.

. Liberty, seems established in 2000 in USA, came to China and finished the trial fly in April, 2001. It was fully certificated from 2004 to 2006 by FAA, and CAAC in 2007.

. Aurora Aircrafts made in Hunan province, Chinese people made, fully supported by government.

. Hummingbird 206L (Sikorsky S-52) has been made in Kunshan in Jiangsu province since 2011 and planning to make 300 planes during 3 years.

. S300C technology sold to Tianjin to make AC310 and show in Sep.,2011 fair in Tianjin.

. Czech Evektor EV97 2002, is now made in Shenyang China since 2011.

. Tiger AG-5B was made in Chengdu since 2002,and contracted to export 200 planes every year.

. USA JDTmini-Max Aircrafts will be mae in China by a homebuilt lover in Shenzhen, China.

looking at that photo ,I've got a few hours in a sportstar, forgotton how ugly they are (sorry if I offend), the one I flew was nicknamed the "Pope mobile" by the locals :)

Guest Michael Coates

Actually that is VERY funny... can i use that when i speak to Peter Harlow next ?? He would also get a giggle !

Great thing about pope mobiles is: you can see out of them really, really well. :)

Mind you, the paint scheme of that EuroStar in the photo isn't doing it any favours. Mine looks much better!

And the new ones look very sleek...

I wish it were the Jetson mobile!

I reckon the one in the picture is a EuroStar. But yeah, my SportStar looks the same on the outside, it just has some internal strengthening to carry the 550 KG MTOW.

But my paint job is cooler!