Another One Down

Guest DWB

Sad to see there has been another aircraft come down. TV News here indicated the location as Gisborne Vic.

The (apparently) elderly pilot survived the crash & was transported to hospital by chopper after being trapped in the wreckage for some time.

The aircraft rego didn't show up in the current list, however appears in the cancelled list as of 12/5/2011 & first registered in 1999. Of course we have come to discover that these lists are not necessarily current so I'm sure it will be. The AC is a Calvin Parker Teenie Two homebuilt & looked like a VW engine on the TV News.

Best wishes to the pilot. At least there will be a first hand account of what went wrong this time, which is always a bonus for investigators

Guest aviatrix27

I was waiting for info on this one, apparently next door to a friend of mine, she posted something on facebook about closing all her neighbour's gates after emergency services left them open

a friend of mine, she posted something on facebook about closing all her neighbour's gates after emergency services left them open

Well Kaye if she didn't offer to do it, but did so because of their failure to close them on leaving the property, I'd suggest making a formal complaint to the local Police Area Commander. There is no excuse for that.

Guest aviatrix27

I will let her know, after all us country people have to stick together. I will say this though, at least they opened gates, unlike our local CFA who decided to ignore us and cut straight through the fence in our northern paddock - had to have taken longer than driving through the open gate in the house paddock!