912 For Sale

bones

Guest Michael Coates

I would be worried about why the non Rotax oil filter is being used ?? Sorry if its your engine but its not recommended to use anything except the Rotax original

I stole the original filter when i run short :) of filters, i found one that fitted to seal the engine, i cut the old ones open for inspection, good eyes.

As for the TBO i would have to double check the numbers ect however i think it is, i have a 914 that is older and it is 2k, just done the figures to rebuild or buy new, and found it is a 2k hr motor, i thought it would have only been the old 1200hr.

It wasn't 2000 hour TBO 5 years ago, but this serial number (yes, I checked) is eligible for the 2000 TBO upgrade SB. Involves replacing one bolt and spring somewhere, though it is highly recommended to also change the fly wheel. Basically, a $500 bill of materials and a couple of hours of work. (I did it to mine two years ago.)

Is the opening bid also the reserve, or is there a higher reserve?

It wasn't 2000 hour TBO 5 years ago, but this serial number (yes, I checked) is eligible for the 2000 TBO upgrade SB. Involves replacing one bolt and spring somewhere, though it is highly recommended to also change the fly wheel. Basically, a $500 bill of materials and a couple of hours of work. (I did it to mine two years ago.)Is the opening bid also the reserve, or is there a higher reserve?

Thanks Bas, that is what i was getting at, it can be a 2k hr motor with the right AD/SB done to it. The main thing about the 2k hr is the crank cases, so yep these are good for it :)

The starting price is basically the reserve, i couldnt work out how to set a reserve so i started where i was happy so yep its game on :)

• 1 month later...