Constitution Amendments And Proxy Voting

Guest BlackRod

Guest BlackRod

The four-page form distributed with the August edition of SportPilot titled "Appointment of Proxy" can be a little confusing to fill in. The form is for the use of anyone who wants to vote on the proposed amendments to the RA-Aus Constitution (Rules) but will not be able to make it to the Annual General Meeting to be held at Jacobs Well/Heck Field at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday 22 September 2012.

On the front page you need to write:

• your name and address;

• Name and address of the person you wish to act as your proxy;
    (This has to be somebody you know will be attending the AGM - if you want to nominate me then my address is 49/1 King Street, Newcastle, NSW, 2300)

• After the words "or failing them . . . . ", you could nominate another person or the "Chairman of the Meeting"
    "of . . " RA-Aus Inc."

• Sign and date the form

• on the second page under "Motion 1", if you are in favour of the motion, cross out "AGAINST".

• similarly, for Motion 2, Motion 3 and Motion 4, if you are in favour of these motions, cross out "AGAINST".

It is important that you do

not

write anything else on Page 3 in the Box headed:

APENDIX A

FORM OF APPOINTMENT OF PROXY

This form is not yet in force and is the form proposed to be in use after the 2012 AGM.

The form is to be posted to reach the RA-Aus office in Canberra by no later than 10:00 a.m. on Friday, 21st September 2012. You would be doing the Office Staff a big favour by getting your completed Proxy Form to them as soon as possible and preferably by the end of August.

You should also advise your proxy, by email or phone, that they have been nominated to act for you.

If anyone has any questions on any aspect of the proposed changes, please email me at [email protected] or ring me on 0418 257 793.

Regards

Don Ramsay