Bendix King Kt76c Transponder

Guest DWB

It appears no-one in Australia is selling these (according to Google searches) Anyone know of a distributor? Aircraft Spruce have them of course.

I just like the idea of sliding it straight into the rack that the current KT76A is in which I will have to replace, according to tech's re certifying it last year, told me, before my next scheduled 2 year check.

Maybe I'll just go Garmin instead of course.

Oh well there you go - Answered my own question. Teach me to read Aviation Trader a bit harder. Complete Avionics Qld. are a dealer & have been very helpful. Bendix King still make the KT76A & Complete Avionics can supply one at $1000. How good is that!

Guest Michael Coates

$1000 is pretty cheap, it must be secondhand.... ask them to supply you with a warranty also. Many thanks Michael

I'm sure the guy said new. I enquired about the digital KT76C & he said $1700. Prices + GST of course. Certainly a lot less than I had been bargaining on. It won't be happening for a little while yet so will confirm when the "deal is done".

When I had it checked July last year for its bi-annual certification the tech spent quite some time with adjustments & replacing a few things to get it back to spec. He said it only just made it over the line & would require a new cavity or something & it was better to get a new unit altogether as it would be an expensive repair. The guy at Complete Avionics made the same remark.

Bas I think the tech made the comment that the specs were tightening up therefore it wouldn't make the grade next time.