Hi From Italy

LUCA

Bene venito,

I have flown with a club near Bassano Del Grappa in the north. Fantastic area to fly as it is right near the Alps.

ozzie

Hi Ozzie,

Fly near the Alps, wow, it's my dream. I'm going to take my patent and I have only 20 hours with ultralight (Tecnam P92), thought I fly since 1988 with hang glider, near Appennins, and I'd love to fly over Alps. It's the best ! (sorry for my poor english)

Yes, a beautiful area of Italy for flying but the sky can get a little crowded at times. Many hangliders, paragliders mixing with gliders and ultralights. I also flew PGs there as well. Very popular area. I miss the food and Blo Nardini grappa.

ciao

I flew at Monte Grappa, The airstrip for the 'Kookaburra flying club' was nearby at Casola i think it was. The bar called Asgard was a popular place for pilots at Semonzo. The aircraft we flew was a Flash Comfort that was built nearby by Eurofly ULM.

G'day Luca,

I live on a small airfield that belongs to the Newcastle Sport Parachuting Club at Elderslie. It is located in the Hunter Valley region of New South Wales. The area is well known as a wine growing area. I have been a member of this club since 1976. So as you can see i enjoy many forms of aviation. I fly an ultralight known as the 'Lazair' that was designed in Canada back in the eighties. I have had it since 1982. It is very good for low and slow flight but also makes a good powered glider for thermalling. The designer of the Lazair is currently working on an electric conversion that i am looking forward to put on my Lazair when it is ready ( www.elazair.com ) I am very excited about electric aircraft. I went to Airventure, Oshkosh, to see it and was very impressed with the conversion but there is still some work to do with the electronics before it is ready for release. I can't wait to remove the two stroke engines and replace them with the new kit.

My introduction to flying in Italy came from a business trip some time ago and my contact there flew PGs and the ultralight airfield is only 500mts from his house. So in between the work we went flying every day. I feel very spoilt flying in the Alps as we don't have flying sites so high here in Australia. I try to go back every two years but the financial crisis is making things difficult for my friends in Italy.

Are you on facebook?

Ozzie

G'day Ozzie,

sorry I haven't a facebook account.

Lazair is very nice, it's the middle way between hang glider and three axes ultralight. I really like termalling and now with Tecnam P92 it's very hard for me, I'll have to pull out my hang glider from the garage. Is the Lazair electric kit only for flight controls or also for engines ? I think it's very nice to fly over the ocean with Lazair in your area. Around Terni there are some mountains, some little lakes and rivers and the Marmore's falls, very nice place. My region is called Umbria and it's one of most green area in Italy

Luca

some footage of the eLazair i took at Airventure.

The Lazair is fitted with an amphibious mono float here. even so performance was excellent.

I spoke to the designer yesterday and it looks like it will be some time yet before the kit is released due to cash flow.

Unfortunately the crisis has affected all sectors. I have never seen Lazair in Italy, however I think that Lazair is very "fico" (cool) because of his versatility.

This is school's p92 that now I fly.

Ciao. Luca

[ATTACH=full]1437[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]1438[/ATTACH]

280120121007.thumb.JPG.39a247cd5ead43eb5925b91d1b924005.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Wish i new earlier we could have caught a beer Ozzie.

was up seeing a mate who flys the Hawk 127 (hornets soon) at williamtown

G'day Luca,I live on a small airfield that belongs to the Newcastle Sport Parachuting Club at Elderslie. It is located in the Hunter Valley region of New South Wales. The area is well known as a wine growing area. I have been a member of this club since 1976. So as you can see i enjoy many forms of aviation. I fly an ultralight known as the 'Lazair' that was designed in Canada back in the eighties. I have had it since 1982. It is very good for low and slow flight but also makes a good powered glider for thermalling. The designer of the Lazair is currently working on an electric conversion that i am looking forward to put on my Lazair when it is ready ( www.elazair.com ) I am very excited about electric aircraft. I went to Airventure, Oshkosh, to see it and was very impressed with the conversion but there is still some work to do with the electronics before it is ready for release. I can't wait to remove the two stroke engines and replace them with the new kit.

My introduction to flying in Italy came from a business trip some time ago and my contact there flew PGs and the ultralight airfield is only 500mts from his house. So in between the work we went flying every day. I feel very spoilt flying in the Alps as we don't have flying sites so high here in Australia. I try to go back every two years but the financial crisis is making things difficult for my friends in Italy.

Are you on facebook?

Ozzie