Young Student Pilot

qantas747

G'day Everyone,

My name is Oliver and I have been learning to fly since the age of 13 out of Camden in cessna 172's. Currently I am 15. I have around 28 hours in the book, been ready to solo since mid last year and have completed my GFPT course. Just need to turn 15 to do both circuit and area solos, and then get my GFPT licence, so I can't wait for December.

As I have run out of things to do, and passing a GFPT 'checkride', my instructor is getting me started on nav training, so next lesson I will being having my nav brief. In that I will planning a flight to Orange. Just bought my equipment and charts the other day. My end goal is to end up flying the big birds in the airlines, but at the moment I am greatly enjoying the good ol' 172!

Cheers guys!

Guest aviatrix27

Welcome Oliver, you remind me of another young person I "met" in this forum, he is now a cadet with Rex. I drove past Camden about 2 months ago, it looked pretty active. Should have flown that trip, but we can't turn back time (long boring story). Good luck!!!

Guest David C

Oliver .. Welcome to the site , you will certainly find us an accommodating and a friendly lot here . I congratulate you on your achievements and wish you luck in your future aviating . Starting young like you are doing is a great springboard to making your dreams come true . Who are you training with at Camden ? , I know a few of the guys over there , and a good airfield too .. All the very best , and looking forward to hearing of your future times aloft .

Dave C

Guest David C

Oliver, I have been given a voucher for 30 mins in the Tiger Moth from Airborne Aviation , so I am looking forward very much to that experience in the coming month hopefully . Once again, all the very best .

Dave C

Thing is Mr 747 is to enjoy your flying no matter what your in. Some once they get a bit further up in the food chain tend to look down on mere Cessna's and people learning to fly. No matter where you get to you should never stop "Learning to fly", whichever direction you should eventually head and whatever level you reach there is always something else to learn. We are all student pilots, even if we don't know it. SP

• Like 1