Call Centre Confusion

Guest john

Bill Smith comes home after work recently & his wife Martha Smith throws her arms around Bills neck & says to him "I have some great news, I'm a month overdue, I think we are going to have out first baby. The Doctor gave me a test today, but until we find out for sure, we can't tell anybody".

The following day, Martha received a telephone call from the Electricity Supply Company, because the electricity bill had not been paid. The telephonist at the Electricity Call Centre identified herself & asked if she was speaking to Mrs. Martha Smith, & Martha responded "Yes".

The Electricity Call Centre Telephonist then said to Martha" Did you know you're a month overdue".

Martha then replied: "How do you know?" The Telephonist then told Martha, that according to their file records that is what is currently on record .Martha then said " What are you saying its in your files & on record". The telephonist replied: "We have a computerised system of finding out who is overdue, & I am only following Company procedures , & am sorry that I have to inform you again that you are overdue."

Martha then told the telephonist that she would speak to her husband tonight when he comes home from work, & that he would definitely discuss the matter with you tomorrow .

That night when Bill arrived home, Martha told Bill of the unexpected phone call from the Electricity Supplier about being overdue. The next morning Bill went to the Electricity Suppliers Office in a rage & asks the receptionist whats going on & furthermore he tells the receptionist that it is none of their business about his wife being overdue.

The receptionist told Bill to calm down as it is not a serious matter because all that requires to be done is to pay us. Bill said "If I refuse to pay you, what will you do?". The receptionist said " We would have no option but to cut yours off." Bill then said to the receptionist: "And then what would my wife do?"

The receptionist replied: "I don't know, I guess she would have to use a candle.025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif