Men forced off overweight Virgin flight

Article from: </IMG>

THREE men had to get off a Virgin Blue flight from Melbourne to Cairns because the plane was too heavy and would run out of fuel before it got to its destination.

Virgin Blue gave the three men travel vouchers to compensate them after calling for volunteers to lighten the load on the Friday flight, the etravelblackboard website reported.

The flight was delayed as passengers were advised the plane would not take off because it would not have enough fuel for the trip.

It left after the the three men and their luggage got off.

A Virgin Blue spokeswoman said bad weather in Melbourne the previous evening had caused flights all over Australia to be diverted, leaving a 737 jet for the flight rather than the bigger-capacity one orginally scheduled.

The men were compensated with Virgin Blue travel vouchers.

Guest disperse

I thought that Virgin only had 737's ............ hang on just had a light bulb go on...

maybe a different series of 737

Guest Fred Bear
leaving a 737 jet for the flight rather than the bigger-capacity one orginally scheduled.

Nope, really is saying just what you read leaving a 737 jet for the flight rather than the bigger capacity one originally scheduled. Virgin do not have a bigger one (unless it's Virgin Atlantic). I think it's more of a case of media and their wonderful knowledge of aircraft yet again. We really need some aircraft-savvy journos!

Guest Fred Bear

Yes I know that Ben but the way they have the article they were referring to larger jets, not the 737. They would have said another series of 737 I think. They are not down and out with the aircraft scene at the best of times.