Tail Unit Former Kits Now Available

Guest TOSGcentral

Guest TOSGcentral

The first spin-off from the Thruster Swift project is now available. These are the tail unit formers and we are making these available as a full kit. They are available for TST, T300 & T500. Gemini formers will be available as soon as we have one at Watts to measure up.

The kit comprises:

6 x finished formers (two each for the three tail control surfaces)

Roll of Tape.

Replacement zip ties

Set of “how to do it†notes.

The price is $30 plus postage and packing (still have to check that one so will edit this post later).

You will have everything you need to go to the hangar and do the job in about 2 hours work. For tools you will require side cutters and a Stanley knife plus the spanners to dismount the elevators.

That is assuming that you do not find corrosion on the tail unit frames and have to treat that. We are recommending that you do this inspection while the skins are off the frames.

Place orders with:

TOSG

MS336

Toogoolawah 4313

The formers effectively give you “power steering†on a Thruster and they really do make a remarkable difference to control feel and response.

Click on image to enlarge.

Aye

Tony

Guest TOSGcentral

OK - you are on the list.

The forum shop is a bit iffy at the moment as this only happened today and Ian is slumming in Paris, or somewhere else disreputable!

Usual procedure - cheque or money order to addy given.

T

• 3 months later...
Guest TOSGcentral

OK - I have checked with the post office.

A kit of TST/T300/T500 formers etc, packed and airmailed to NZ, will be AUD48.00

A kit of Gemini formers on the same basis will be AUD58.00.

Please note that this is a virtually break even costing for TOSG - we are more interested in owners having the improved control these things give than making money.

Aye

Tony

Guest TOSGcentral

Sorry for the delay Craig - my engineer turned up and I had six solid hours with him on design work so got very little done from mid arvo onwards yesterday.

I will email you directly with details requested.

Aye

Tony